Security Installer Community

Pss Firequest Panel Advice

gundog

37 mins between Mr firecommander & Mr psssltd's posts is far too orchestrated for my taste.

guys if you want to "defend" that's great but what about introducing yourselves here http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/comm...hp?showforum=14

there is also a "trade only" side to the forum you can't currently view wher more detailed discussion can be had.

info here - http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/Content/trade.asp

once you have made 15 posts you can apply to access it via the link in my signature below.

cheers

C.

mly0588l.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

37 mins between Mr firecommander & Mr psssltd's posts is far too orchestrated for my taste.

guys if you want to "defend" that's great but what about introducing yourselves here http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/comm...hp?showforum=14

there is also a "trade only" side to the forum you can't currently view wher more detailed discussion can be had.

info here - http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/Content/trade.asp

once you have made 15 posts you can apply to access it via the link in my signature below.

cheers

C.

Thank you for informing us on this point of the trade only side to the forum and where to formally introduce ourselves etc.

We feel it not nesseccery to defend ourselves just lend support to those in need. And in our eyes all feedback is possitive.

We thank the Alias Mr firecommander for bringing these forums to our attention whilst enquiring about several companies earlier today. Of whom we respect for there possitive feed back and the negative which we have improved our products from.

Being made aware of these sites will help us improve or products and help you the engineer/end user/systems company be informed of any fixes etc.

I would like to inform you all that we will be updating our services in the new year and make all information more available with an update of our website which will include help pages, manuals, contact numbers and software updates (dongle protected of course).

IMO its a crackin response from a manufacturer and I for one thankyou.

I can see its a difficult subject but as one of the posts said very few (id say no-one if i was brave enough) people dont have some issues of some sort. To me you only find out how good a compnay / manufacturer is when you have a problem.

So as above thanks.

Now onto the serious point. Ive been looking (not very hard it appears) for a fire panel (ideally one for mainstream use) range that has remote upload / download available. We have found it to be very very useful for both us and the client on Intruder. Also to support our 'engineers' ( ;) ) in the field, ie logs, diagnostics etc.

IM presuming this is them? http://www.pss-firequest.co.uk/panels.html

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Hi,

My company is looking in to supplying / fitting the PSS Firequest range of addressable fire panels,

I would be gratefull for any advice, GOOD or BAD experiences anyone has had with this panel.

Many Thanks in advance

Paul

Hi Paul

As with many systems they have there ups and downs and again like all system there have been problems here and there. We feel that around 9 out of 10 times these can be put down to the engineer on site or the field installation itself and the lack of correct engineering when adding to/ amending the system.

We are the source of the product as you know and if you were to stubble across any problems we would gladly help you out. We have thousands of products out there and quite a few in some prestigious places all of which have trainned engineers working on them.

The only times we here anything of from these site are when new maitainace companies come in and request upgrades or require special additions to the system (special mimics, graphics systems etc.)

However we will not sugar coat or systems for you some people don't get on with them and aren't willing to try via training courses or site attendances from us, but then there are oher that wont touch any other panel as prefer ours as they are very versitile and reliable when used correctly.

We are here to help and our services are set to be renewed and improved apon even futher in the new year.

WRITTEN BY DUNCAN (FIELD SUPPORT)

IMO its a crackin response from a manufacturer and I for one thankyou.

I can see its a difficult subject but as one of the posts said very few (id say no-one if i was brave enough) people dont have some issues of some sort. To me you only find out how good a compnay / manufacturer is when you have a problem.

So as above thanks.

Now onto the serious point. Ive been looking (not very hard it appears) for a fire panel (ideally one for mainstream use) range that has remote upload / download available. We have found it to be very very useful for both us and the client on Intruder. Also to support our 'engineers' ( ;) ) in the field, ie logs, diagnostics etc.

IM presuming this is them? http://www.pss-firequest.co.uk/panels.html

YES we can remote download and upload. And we can access the panels menu's as if you were standing infront of it.

If for any other peripherial problem you have in most instances we can say yes if you cannot find a solution anywhere as we both manufacture and design panels and on many occasions we have created a function never seen before because we were asked.

For contacting and requesting information our details are on the website you've mentioned.

That is the correct website however some what dated now and will be relaunched in the new year with new products, pictures, datasheets etc, our contact details remain the same.

In my experience they have been nothing but trouble :ranting:

We ripped one out last year that fell over and ripped another one out a couple of months ago that had only been installed 2 years. I did an RI on it myself and when I put the panel back together it lost the repeater. I tried all the usual things then did a re boot and lost a whole loop as well :realmad:

Fitted an Advanced panel and no problems at all :rolleyes:

My general opinion is that they are just too unreliable. I didnt really like their attitude either when I spoke to them :angry2:

We apologize for the phone attitude encounterd by yourself on this rare occasion however, If you had had training and or the manuals for these you would have been told what you would have needed to know to avoid all of those problems.

You can always ask us to attend if your not sure excatly what you are doing or if you'd feel more at ease with us finding the problem.

Having us out to fix a problem in a day is always much cheaper than swapping the whole lot!

And you will get a basic training at the time of visit.

Training is available on all our products.

And there are lots of ways to make our products less sensitive to faults and fires or more, the panel and software are very powerfull and you do if you know how to use it have an awsome amount of control over the entire system.

Thanks for your input we are always working to improve our products and our service

The asthetics of the PSS panel are a plus point but as the threads are going this seems to be the only plus at the moment! :!:

Well some good news then, As we do all sorts of special front doors and back boxes Stainless Steel, brushed bronze, Gold if you can afford it plus well make a system fit in almost any existing backbox and create a custom door.

I'm sure we can change your opinion if you were to view our systems in house with training basic fault finding and programming course.

Just to prove how reliable our systems can be we wired one of our in house system in 1.5 twin + earth electrical cable due to it being done properly by trained engineer there hasnt been a fault on that system in 4 years unless purposely put there to check fault monitoring on yearly service of the system.

Evening all, we have just ripped out a pss firequest plus from a site due to loop 1 dieing on us for no reason, plugged onto loop 2 worked for about 7 mins then loop card failed

put advanced mx4200 in and has been working fine, thinking about sending back to pss with a note saying "Thought you may want this back as we have enough door stops"

regs

Adam

We would gladly get it out of your way. As for this working on the MX4200 this is due to it being uprated in comparison to the no doubt standard pss system you removed and i'm sure there is nothing wrong the panel you removed.

We to have an up rated system that would have done the trick and in the new year will be making it the only one we will supply of its model avoiding problems such as these.

Ok... so bearing in mind we are primarily a service company....

a. what's the criteria for becoming a "systems partner"..... ?

b. what is the on going cost of obtaining the software, leads and dongles etc

A. At the moment untill the final papers and procedures need to be completed. We are currently working on the principal of anybody who has just bought a panel (if requested at the time give or take a couple of weeks) is elegable for FREE TRAINING. However i belive this will be finalized in the new year stating that you would be elegable for this when purchasing a panel and retain the right for FREE TRAINING if a certain amount of business with us per year including site attendances not just buying panels. Saying this we do supply detectors and cable etc. to keep that figure up if nessecery. But as i said this is not confirmed at the moment but will be posted along with everything else on our website in the new year. And i'm sorry to say but training is charged to anybody else who does not fit into this catogory.

And Having training does not include Software/dongle and download lead this still requires ordering and paying for.

B. I Believe this to be under

Archived