Security Installer Community

Town Centre Cctv

gonefishing

I know a guy who works for OCS , they install cameras for Sussex Police, They put the camera on the pole, focus or test for PTZ and leave the rest to BT, BT have a division that commisions and connects to the Polics Headquaters. Not really that technical.

Till it goes wrong.......BT blame you, you blame BT.....who's right / wrong etc.

You really need to know what your doing, if BT prove you wrong, theyre likely to knock you down in expensive flames.

As has already been said, its not all that technical as long as it all works first time !

They did a promo video showing our local area, part of it covered the new cctv.

Shame they showed the mickeys with the infra-red with one of the infra red pointing straight down instead of the same direction as the other one...

Waste of money those cams were, wrong area, wrong places, could have installed them somewhere useful, but nope...

We are quite new to CCTV,only installing in the last few years. All have been complete systems, mainly in commercial premises.

Recently in our local villages CCTV cameras have been put up but I couldn't see anyone running cables ect. Some are the other side of the road to where they view the system.

My question is, how do you think are they viewing CCTV cameras in a central location in the village without running cables? What or who's cables do they use on a system like this?

Fibre optic cabling through ducts leased from bt.

I've worked on few different town centre schemes in the past and they were always specked on fiber optic transmission to control room, sometimes a microwave link was used in awkward

locations

ve hav ze nolij or if not we ask!!!!

Guest anguscanplay
My question is, how do you think are they viewing CCTV cameras in a central location in the village

you 100% sure that they are?

our village just has dozens of DVR`s in different buildings .....................

Guest anguscanplay

quite comical watching the copper walking in and out of buildings with his little monitor after an incident ....................

Archived