Security Installer Community

Texecom Veritas 8 Compact

binbag

Hi all

New boy in town so go easy.

I bought a Texecom Veritas 8 Compact (full kit) to protect my workshop which consists of 3 rooms and two external doors.

Looking through the manual before i install it I have a few questions:

1) When routing the cable from each sensor to the dedicated zone, do I terminal block the AUX - and AUX + cables (green and white) and then make two trailing (green and white) outputs to the corresponding terminals on the PCB? (I presume a similar way as recommended for the Global Tamper (blue and yellow)?

2) The wiring of the magnetic contact to a zone (contact end) shows the Yellow and Blue (Tamper) being connected to the same terminal. Obviously this is correct, could someone explain why they do not have separate terminals?

3) If I only use 6 of the 8 Zones, do I have to do anything with the the Zone terminal that are spare?

Thank you in advance.

Hi, All power terminals should be commoned up, ie all pos and neg from devices should go to aux+ and aux- at the panel.

The tamper terminals do just that-they are a loop out to the device and back again-if you break that loop you cause a 'tamper'-NOTE the global tamper is a series connection not a parallel (like power conns).

Spare zones you 'program off' ie not used as far as the panel is concerned or link them out in the panel using the relevent wiring method you are using.

You will have the install guides and it does show it all in there-colours are irrelevent-use what you want but standardise.

Richard.

Good advice from Rulland, as for the power supply wires (in your case green and white) if you only have three detectors the wires should all fit directly into the panel terminals. If you were fitting many more detectors you would sometimes put all the wires into a terminal block with trailing leads as you described.

Thanks for the info guys. After looking at it a little more I can now understand why the Mag Contact joins the tamer loop on one terminal - it doesn't have tamper! :) DUH!

One other question, I bought an inside sounder to add to the system which only has 2 wires (RED + BLACK). I presume these go to the siren ouputs on the board (along with the regular connections for the external siren/strobe).

Which +/- terminals do I connect the two wires to?

Thanks again in advance.

Finally got round to finishing the install and powering up for the first time this weekend!

Everything seems to be ok, walk test passed. However I am getting 9 beeps on the walk test which suggests a fault. When I press 'omit' it lights up 3 led's to indicate 'Tamper Cover or RKP Tamper' is causing the problem. I have checked everything twice and still no luck :(

Any ideas what to try?

Hi there, If when you go into the extended display ie pressing 'omit' and it's just the number three LED lit then as you say it's lid or RKP tamper-have you tried holding the lid tamper spring 'in' (it should 'click' when you hold and release)then try and kick out from engineering.

Sounds pretty obvious-but if you power up with the lid off thats gonna come up-I usually put insulation tape over the lid tamper when powering then I can get into engineers without a fault.

Richard.

Archived