Security Installer Community

Accord XPC issue

Guest Plantman

Well a great helpful forum this is then!

cheers for the arsey answer. :)

Planty

Hardly an arsey answer mate,

Colin is quite correct in his statement that you pay for what we know not what we do.

We do a skilled job and are highly trained to do what we do correctly.

Compare the cost of recovering from a burglary that went unnoticed, because the alarm system didn't activate to the cost of getting an engineer to repair and service the alarm.

I enjoy great peace of mind knowing that there is a monitored alarm system looking after my home, family and belongings. and at the end of the day it's up to you to decide whats best to protect YOU and YOUR family.

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

No Worries Colin (see, I don't just defend //.National Installer.//) :)

He asked questions, we gave him solutions, then we get abused for our troubles!

since he's so "price conscious" perhaps I should point out that Courtesy cost's nothing <_<

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Guest Plantman

LOL, Not a plumber I'm afraid - just a computer tech guy.

Basically if I wanted to pay and get this issue sorted I would have contacted the //.National Installer.// number on the front of the box! The alarm came as a bonus for the price of the property so it's not at the top of the priority list! I was looking for a quick, easy, and yes, free fix in the interim!

That the whole point of most forums - to offer free advice if that can be done. I accept that with the security side of things there are going to be boundarys etc.

It's just only about one person who has replied has actually helped with a part of this. No-one has actually said why my alarm is doing this or what I may or may not have done wrong and any solutions.

I often post on a regular motor forum and always see peeps really helping others out. It's rare that I see a post just saying - Take your car to the dealer :)

Anyhow, don't worry - I can set the alarm which I am happy about. Thanks to Peter James for your imput.

I dont know why you seem to be defending each other against me - perhaps you shouldnt take things so seriously and if you can't help with a post just admit it - its far better then just saying "take out a contract or consult and pay a security engineer" - well duh that's obvious :)

Anyhow I'll leave you alone now - I'm sure we've all wasted enough time on this thread.

Planty.

People like that just give me rage!

We are all in the same boat, installing and trouble shooting for a living.

People should realise that the alarm they 'inheret' when they move in has a companys logo on the box and it is their reputaion at stake if you let anyone mess with the system.

I fully support all the feedback from the guys on here.

I think it is a problem that is getting worse and the insurance companys are too blame for a lot of it.

Just to go back over the point of the motoring forum, ask them how to work on your thatcham alarm and see just how much response you get then.!

Its about time the insurers adopted the same policy about intruder alarms in houses.

A firm near us replaces their covers with blank ones when the maintenance contract is not renewed.

Its an idea which seems to work because if the customer does not want to pay for service but wants to display their house is protected by an approved firm they are not able to.

Why should we give advice for free to non maintained customers?

The fee for the service contract is a small price to pay for peace of mind and family protection.

Paul

PG Security Systems

Somerset

SSAIB Certificate of Merit Installers.

www.pgsecurity.co.uk

Guest Lord Lucan

If he was a burglar and it was the alarm in your house that he was wanting information on, would you have been happy if we had helped him?

How do we know he is who he says he is, unregistered, no name just like your post, same as mine ;)

Engage brain before working fingers next time :lol:

Archived