Security Installer Community

Accord XPC issue

Guest Plantman

Guest Plantman

Hi all,

Just bought a house and the previous owners have left the entire alarm system, an Accord XPC originally installed by //.National Installer.//.

Now, it was a monitored system but they have obv stopped that and just left it as 'bells only'.

They have given us the code which I believe was the master code and deleted their normal user code.

I tried to change this code to a new one by following the instruction manual (11 page small booklet) and things seemed to work fine. It beeped twice to confirm acceptance of the new code.

Now tho everytime I enter this new code the alarm goes off - And hell is it loud :)

I can disable it by entering this same code again.

My problem is now I cant even set the alarm by entering code and then pressing 1 for full set cos as soon as I enter my new code the alarm goes off!!

Any help will be gratefully received. I'd rather not go back to the previous owners until a last resort for looking like a numpty :)

cheers,

Planty.

If the system was monitored, then you need to realise that there is more to converting the system to bells only than changing the codes. //.National Installer.// will not have programmed the system to bells only unless you specifically requested them to do so, the code they gave will most probably be a default user code, it is unlikely that they gave you the engineer code.

I would suggest you either get //.National Installer.// to reprogram the system to bells only or get another installer to do this for you, as there are a number of reasons as to why the system keeps going off ( if you post your location on the forum, one of the guys should be able to sort your system out)

Colin.

Guest Peter James

I agree with Colin but just a thought have you tried quick set? press hash then 1 for full set system, hash 2 for part and so on, system disarms by the code.

Pete

Guest Plantman

Thanks both for your replies!

Ah ha! cheers Peter that did do something there!! Is started beeping (tone - de de de deeeee) and also flashing zone 3. I presume that was detecting the gf watching TV in the lounge. Not sure if its supposed to do that since we've never set it.

I can stop this contant tone by entering my code again. The display panel was also displaying a weird symbol which seemed to fill the empty circle - seemed to be a half moon in there as well.....

I cant understand why everytime I enter my code the alarm goes of tho. Will experiment and see if it sets properly by using hash 1.

Ta once again,

Planty

Guest Peter James

Glad to of helped.

It is worth getting the system regulary serviced an engineer will make sure everything is programmed as it should be for bells only.

Peter

Guest Guest

Heh, yea cheers will do when we have got money - just moved in so have zero cash !!!! :)

Basically the system works fine, I can set any mode (full set, part set and night set) by using the hash 1, 2, 3!

I an reluctant to spend massive money for a call-out plus hourly charge for a potential very quick solution.

The only thing that puzzles me is why I am now unable to change my code again because I can obv unset the system using my code. I manage to set my current code by entering their old one and changing that.

Why does the alarm go off everytime I put my new one in? From the manaual you cant do anything else with the keypad unless you put your code in first you see.

Is this a feature? :P

cheers,

Planty

I an reluctant to spend massive money for a call-out plus hourly charge for a potential very quick solution

Do you work for nothing then?

Its only a quick solution if you know the answer!! You pay an alarm proffessional for what they know and not what they do!!

Guest Peter James

Planty it sounds like you may of set up the code as durress, check the user manual again.

And Colin is right I bet you dont work for nothing and if you do I need some plumbing done.

Pete

Archived