Security Installer Community

Smole Detectors / Texecom Premier 48

InspectorGadget

Hi,

I have installed a Premier 48 pannel and have been using it for several months now without a hitch. I would like to add in some smoke detectors instead of the Homebase 4.99 specials that I currently have.

Can anyone recommend a brand that will integrate with the Premier 48 pannel & is there anything I need to look out for when adding this functionality?

Also positioning of the smoke alarms, what's best to use in/around a kitchen area. I always remember the ones at my parents going off when ever there was cooking going on, though these were homebase 4.99 specials and the food was never burnt ;)

Thanks

John

position an optical smoke detector on each landing (top and bottom of stairs) & a rate of rise heat detector in the kitchen.

install a fire blanket & 2ltr foam fire extinguisher inside one of the kitchen cabinets opposite the cooker.

fit an emergency light beside your fusebox.

C.

Hi,

I have installed a Premier 48 pannel and have been using it for several months now without a hitch. I would like to add in some smoke detectors instead of the Homebase 4.99 specials that I currently have.

Can anyone recommend a brand that will integrate with the Premier 48 pannel & is there anything I need to look out for when adding this functionality?

Also positioning of the smoke alarms, what's best to use in/around a kitchen area. I always remember the ones at my parents going off when ever there was cooking going on, though these were homebase 4.99 specials and the food was never burnt ;)

Thanks

John

Thanks for the info. I have purchased 3 Menvier M12 sensors which I was advised that are compatible with my pannel. However looking at the wiring diagrams the M12 requires 4 connections, +ve, -ve and 2 fire zone ( loop ). The install manual for the prem48 explains connections for 2 wire detectors AUX 12V & Panel OP1. Its probably too late to be thinking about this but i'm confused or missing something!!

can you clarify what needs to be connected to what as I'm definately missing something somewhere or being stupid!

Thanks all.

John

Alarm smoke detectors normally come in two 12 volt varieties: 2-wire and 4-wire.

Most alarm panels will accomodate both types, but the wiring is different and it is important that if a 4-wire smoke detector is used, that a relay is wired in each fire zone to monitor smoke detector power. Smoke detectors should always be always be wired to a dedicated fire zone, and be programmed as such.

Fire zones, on an alarm panel, normally monitor two different conditions; fire alarm vs fire trouble. One calls the big red truck, the other calls a tech... (assuming the panel is monitored)

Regards

NitroN

Hi, Thanks every one for your replies.

I may be looking at this "too simply" but if I was to connect the M12 terminals as so:

Power:

M12 Pin 2 - ProxRKP/Network/ +12v

M12 Pin 1 - ProxRKP/Network/ 0v

Detect:

M12 Pin 3 - ProxRKP / Z1 A Pin1

M12 Pin 4 - ProxRKP / Z1 A Pin2

Tamper:

M12 Pin E - ProxRKP / Z1 T Pin1

M12 Pin E - ProxRKP / Z1 T Pin2

Then Map the RKP zone1 to a free Panel Zone, Set the Zone type as "Fire" I gather that is all that is needed.. or am I missing something?

I am not using EOL wiring and am unsure how I would connect a relay to monitor the +12v line, though explanations would be helpful to understand the overall picture.

Thanks again.

John

position an optical smoke detector on each landing (top and bottom of stairs) & a rate of rise heat detector in the kitchen.

install a fire blanket & 2ltr foam fire extinguisher inside one of the kitchen cabinets opposite the cooker.

fit an emergency light beside your fusebox.

C.

Rate of rise, whos a naughty boy then.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

A relay is critical to ensure that a four-wire smoke detector connected to an alarm panel is monitored for power. Unfortunately this is not the correct forum to explain the wiring in detail. :ninja:

Regards

NitroN

Archived