Security Installer Community

Speech Diallers

seems like a bad idea to me, surly a digi is better, hardly any additional cost and proves the path every day? a dialler could be down for 11 months before its found... or just after the burglary

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Guest anguscanplay
seems like a bad idea to me, surly a digi is better, hardly any additional cost and proves the path every day? a dialler could be down for 11 months before its found... or just after the burglary

sure, and redcare GSM is the better still, but in the cases I can think of it`s purely to stop the neighbour having to be keyholder and getting attacked if it is a genuine call.

The guards charge a nominal amount and I get a commision.

Custodian keyholding (noe Chubb Wardens?) would accept voice dialer jobs, not set up any that recently thoughso not sure if they still do.

not so much the cost of the ARC, but the faffing about with faxing keyholder lists over etc. ARC's don't accept this on RN systems,not sure if they accept verbal changes on non URNs

voice dialers can be changed by the user at very short notice if required, with no 'inertia' from other persons.

no out right winner can be claimed, just horses for courses depending on the client. an extra ARC paymenton top of anual PM for a person on a state pension could be deemed abit prohibitive or an unjustified expemse, especially if say the son is administering the system and is a keyholderfor his elderly mum.

push that type of sale in thats sort of job even with the best intentions technically, and risk being seen as a money grabbing shicester imo.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

i see your point but too many reasons why a voice dialler wouldnt work/fail to call etc for my liking. Also the lack of any auditing process (ie prove the call to keyholders was made) for me. Good luck though

Would a itemised phone bill not suffice for proving the call was made to a certain number, at a certain time, for a certain duration?

As for cost, you could always argue that at least with a proper keyholder company, there is (or should be!) more than one person available, whereas a son or friend may be miles away working, or out on the town drunk out of their minds, or fast asleep with their mobile turned off or with a flat battery etc...

The friend or relative is unlikely to be available on the spot 24/7 unlike a real firm... It depends how much they need someone to be available to come at any time...

so it called.... what wa said.... what did it say etc etc. Id say no.

I agree with the keyholding thing just not with a a dialler to do it with. BUt then i am biased as im anti specch diallers from bad experiences. Ill bow out of this now lol

i see your point but too many reasons why a voice dialler wouldnt work/fail to call etc for my liking. Also the lack of any auditing process (ie prove the call to keyholders was made) for me. Good luck though

hi James,

you can have an 'audit' via the alarm log, line fault is line fault and shows on Gardtec, run a test com to the phones and if all works you can prove no issue's on the system.

if it really is a need for a better audit trail for such low securit needs, then make the last number dialled a p-a-y-g handset you own for that reason, the call list will be the audit if the keyholders don't answer due to being sloshed you mobile will get a call from the house line proving it worked.

but imo (and the way i tend to sell it), on a system of this low level need i.e. not for insurrance and arc, it's more of a way of alerting the owner to be more aware of a possible problem, prior to their return say from the shops. lessens the risk of walking in on an intrussion possibly still in progress totally unaware.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived