Security Installer Community

Speech Diallers

arf, since comms have been integrated (ie no input needed) comm fails and comm succesful (ie kiss off) is logged. A comm fail can even cause an alarm if programmed.

yes i know, but a 'natural' line fault caused by exchange work would also result in a false alarm if you used it that way. from old scany 8000 digi's you could have an output to signal any panel of a FTC as well as kiss off success, modern panels can monitor even old digis this way (modern line concerns aside).

i think there are several VD's which have outputs for the same needs, gardtec stand-a-lone unit has an output for line fault, which can be use to notify or even prevent setting.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

yes i know, but a 'natural' line fault caused by exchange work would also result in a false alarm if you used it that way. from old scany 8000 digi's you could have an output to signal any panel of a FTC as well as kiss off success, modern panels can monitor even old digis this way (modern line concerns aside).

only if a transmission failed.... and you would probably want that?

Menvier SD3 has a dual path option (ie voice over gsm and pstn) but you may as well use a dualcom for better security at about the same cost

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

only if a transmission failed.... and you would probably want that?

Menvier SD3 has a dual path option (ie voice over gsm and pstn) but you may as well use a dualcom for better security at about the same cost

no, a LF output is 24 hour depends then how you prog the panel response, on Gardtec digi you can have line fult cuse local alarm when unset in 'hi security' mode.

but we digress, as the lines should come into the building in a concealed and secure fashion meaning a determined effort needed to cut them, if there is a likelyhood of attracting such an attack by a villain sophisticated enough to plan such a pre empt to a burgalry on that premmises, the the RA would point to Dualcom or redcare gsm and insurrance cover requiring URN and ARC.

lets just be clear here, the GSM signal may not be available on this site, so insisting on dual path signalling by the better knows may not be the b' all and end all best advice to give as Red Care is still suceptable to dead lines (thats why they brought in GSM).

alterntives as seemingly aked for and given. i would not use voice dialler on any commercial or anything above a 2 up 3 down housing estate home alarm (but i don't work inthat field), and be reluctant to use digi, even if insisted on, and then i'd cover my rump in the paperwork.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived