Security Installer Community

Any Advice ?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest anguscanplay
It's almost the stupid name that somebody deemed necessary to call the road that I live in. But (somehow) you know that already.

LOL - thats your second lesson, don`t tell total strangers what your planning.

no, seriously keep things close to your chest.

You will need at least 20k in the bank to start.

We spent 15 k to start up and we always have between 20 and 30k owing on 30 day payment terms.

Yes you will get paid the same day off domestic people but the money is in monitored commercial.

15k = 2 cars 3.5 k each, paperwork, uniform, tools the list go's on and on and on.

But if you work very hard at it and i mean 15 hour days for about 2 years you will start to move forward and get some nice work.

I left a national 2 and 1/2 years ago and started on my own, never realy looked back but its been a very hard slogg.

Good Luck you will need it.

You will need at least 20k in the bank to start.

We spent 15 k to start up and we always have between 20 and 30k owing on 30 day payment terms.

Yes you will get paid the same day off domestic people but the money is in monitored commercial.

15k = 2 cars 3.5 k each, paperwork, uniform, tools the list go's on and on and on.

But if you work very hard at it and i mean 15 hour days for about 2 years you will start to move forward and get some nice work.

I left a national 2 and 1/2 years ago and started on my own, never realy looked back but its been a very hard slogg.

Good Luck you will need it.

Thanks Whistle. I'm looking forward to it ! (I also like S&M haha !)

www.truesecurity.co.uk (site is still a work in progess, thoughts/advice gratefully received)

Dont agrre about the cheap thing. People want Value for money and Quality not cheap. Or at least our customers do, else we would all be in the cheapest cars, with the cheapest pc's, homes etc.

I dont want cheap when i buy anything i want good. Security systems are more than equipment the way they are designed/installed and serviced if more important than than the manufacturer brand. I accept there is a large market that want cheap now, dont care about later but i myself avoid that market as the only way to make money is to do it short term then dissappear when the problems start.

Buy cheap buy twice

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

I don't like cheap either, well not too cheap !

I wont buy the 'latest special offer from the electrical wholesalers'. Warranty call backs are not chargeable in my opinion.

Decent kit will usually also give you extra features that may be a selling point for the customer. Anyone here use X10 equipment for instance ?

Things have moved on a bit from keyswitches and the luxury of a chime zone !

www.truesecurity.co.uk (site is still a work in progess, thoughts/advice gratefully received)

Guest anguscanplay
Dont agrre about the cheap thing. People want Value for money and Quality not cheap. Or at least our customers do,

your another one thats been around as long as the industry - try to forget evrything you know ........ Total isn`t going to get any of my customers without undercutting me by a hell of a lot (" :whistle: ") think about it?

without approval he`s left with competing against the rest of the budget installers, which is what his original question was all about.

Archived