Security Installer Community

Colour Camera Going Black & White

mitsifto123

Hi Guys,

we have a 14 camera system installed at clients offices. 3 of the 14 internal cameras (dome infrared) are giving a black & white image half way through the day.

If i power them off then on, the problem goes away but seems to come back after a few hours?

2 of the cameras are on 40 metres runs and the other is on a 20 metres run all over cat5e with passive video baluns on both ends? Using a 10amp 16 way 12v power supply unit. (Am I overusing the maximum 10amps???)

anyone come accross any problems such as this? any advice on what i could look at?? I'm due to go back to site on thursday so would not mine some advice on what I could try.

Thanks

Hi Guys,

we have a 14 camera system installed at clients offices. 3 of the 14 internal cameras (dome infrared) are giving a black & white image half way through the day.

If i power them off then on, the problem goes away but seems to come back after a few hours?

2 of the cameras are on 40 metres runs and the other is on a 20 metres run all over cat5e with passive video baluns on both ends? Using a 10amp 16 way 12v power supply unit. (Am I overusing the maximum 10amps???)

anyone come accross any problems such as this? any advice on what i could look at?? I'm due to go back to site on thursday so would not mine some advice on what I could try.

Thanks

If the picture is still Mono with a camera connected to your test monitor.

I'd start by getting your meter out and checking to see what the supply voltage is at the camera, seems unlikely that your overloading a 10A psu with 14 Cameras though, that would mean over 700mA each....... more likely volts drop in the cable.

how much light is there in the area, is it a cleanish site, or are the lenses covered in dust ? never had one changeover thriugh dust, but I spose it could happen.

Lastly, do they all go Mono at the same time, or seperately ? if so, look for a common denominaor.

Small devices for capturing images :whistle:

:lol:

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

• 1 month later...

Archived