Security Installer Community

Wired Alarm With Remote

Philr

Hi,

Can anyone recomend an alarm that can be connected to a couple of hardwired sensors and most importantly has a remote key fob for turning it on and off. Most of the DIY alarms that I've seen only seem to support wireless sensors, or don't have a remote - I'm struggling to find anything that has both.

This is only for the garage so don't want to spend a lot of money on it, but equally I want something that will be relaible. I'm currently considering the LS800S from Maplin as this is the only alarm I've been able to find that meets all of the above criteria.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?Module...RM&doy=29m8

- Phil

eurosec cpx

i agree with gus

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Hi,

Can anyone recomend an alarm that can be connected to a couple of hardwired sensors and most importantly has a remote key fob for turning it on and off. Most of the DIY alarms that I've seen only seem to support wireless sensors, or don't have a remote - I'm struggling to find anything that has both.

This is only for the garage so don't want to spend a lot of money on it, but equally I want something that will be relaible. I'm currently considering the LS800S from Maplin as this is the only alarm I've been able to find that meets all of the above criteria.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?Module...RM&doy=29m8

- Phil

Be careful with the Maplin Panel.

I only say this because it seems to use Infrared for the remote control as opposed to radio so if you have visions of being able to set/unset the alarm in your garage whilst you are in the house you will be sadly dissapointed.

With infrared you will need line of sight from the keyfob to the panel/keypad.

Im sure Gardtec do a wireless add on device that can be added to any panel that supports wirless keyfobs.

Yes mate, its ungraded but will be ok for this chap.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Archived