Security Installer Community

Open Or Closed/managed Protocol

Gambo

depends both have benefits. One problem with open protocol is that some clients get anyone to work on a system, dont matter if its right etc as long as its cheap. Closed removes that. We use open as a rule but some high risk sites are closed.

James

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

personally i prefer closed protocol - notifier, ziton etc

i find that open protocol can often be commisioned by people who are not engineers, therefore much of the process is guessed at, leaving a raft of problems. also, when using open you can be shafted by both panel manufacture and the protocol manufacture both blaming the other for problems.

With a closed protocol, they will help to correct the problem as they have no-one else to blame!

personally i prefer closed protocol - notifier, ziton etc

i find that open protocol can often be commisioned by people who are not engineers, therefore much of the process is guessed at, leaving a raft of problems. also, when using open you can be shafted by both panel manufacture and the protocol manufacture both blaming the other for problems.

With a closed protocol, they will help to correct the problem as they have no-one else to blame!

WHS

its all a myth anyway the only truly open protocol system is a conventional panel

Hey All, i have heard that with the new EN54 in 2010 closed protocoll systems are being made non compliant is this correct??

All comments in this post are my own views and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer

from a fire officer down here, have done net searches but cant find anything about it.

All comments in this post are my own views and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer

Archived