Security Installer Community

Galaxy Gd 96

jontawn

Hi there,

Thanks for coming back to me (again) we had Honeywell out with us on the Friday and it all makes a lot more sense, i'm in the fortunate position of the alarm just being on a fairly basic setup, with a minimum of the functions being used.

One thing for sure is that the handful of people i'd contacted to see if they would be interested in comissioning it was a resounding 'we're not interested in comissioning someone else's install as i'd ring them up whenever/if there was a fault'....

So, if anyone is near sheffield and fancies giving us a quote for comissioning, then please email me at: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We're also quoting on another job at the moment with the same panel specified, so could look at possibly working together on our future work?

cheers,

Jonathan

Guest anguscanplay
So, if anyone is near sheffield and fancies giving us a quote for comissioning, then please email me at: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We're also quoting on another job at the moment with the same panel specified, so could look at possibly working together on our future work?

cheers,

Jonathan

does it HAVE to be Galaxy?

YES! ;)

(as i understand it) They are one of the few alarms that offer us the RS232 / Network/IP facilities that are needed for us to offer true 'integration'

Unless you're aware of other panels that offer us integration with such manufacturers as AMX & Control4 (our stable of HA brands) then please let me know! ... we've got excellent backup support from Honeywell - but our suppliers seem to lack a bit of knowledge with the galaxy kit, which is a shame and has cost us the price of an ethernet module due to their incorrect advice when we spec'd it.

cheers,

JT

does it HAVE to be Galaxy?

to be fair aint a lot to touch the galaxy when doing bespoke stuff, as you say cos of its comms.

Many panels are caperble of the same data outputs but as galaxy is number 1 the HA manufacturers just picked that.

The problems you will have in finding a service company to help you out etc is due to these comms lines. For instance we work with HA companies but only if the data is 1 way, ie 232 output from the panel only, and no programming access for anyone except us. The reasons for this are obvious.

The more flexible HA systems require 2 way panel comms and to us that is unacceptable. SIA 4 helps here but ive yet to use it.

James

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Guest anguscanplay
to be fair aint a lot to touch the galaxy when doing bespoke stuff, as you say cos of its comms.

Many panels are caperble of the same data outputs but as galaxy is number 1 the HA manufacturers just picked that.

The problems you will have in finding a service company to help you out etc is due to these comms lines. For instance we work with HA companies but only if the data is 1 way, ie 232 output from the panel only, and no programming access for anyone except us. The reasons for this are obvious.

The more flexible HA systems require 2 way panel comms and to us that is unacceptable. SIA 4 helps here but ive yet to use it.

James

sort of what i was hinting at, as I understand it once you fully intergrate the alarm into the HA then it`s no longer an alarm and no longer certifiable. One assumes the HA market isnt all 2 beds on Harborough Avenue (rather rough road on an incrediably rough estate - but mum WAS born there LOL) but high net worth individuals so that causes all sorts of issues ( were currentlly un intergrating a couple of systems out at Bakewell for the builder)

if it was straight intruder then I`m your man

Angus

Guest anguscanplay
as long as the link is one way your fine gus, problem is having anything that can cause an alarm that could be signalled from the ha system.

thought thats what i`d said?

Archived