Security Installer Community

Galaxy Gd 96

jontawn

Dear thesecurityinstaller...

I run a business in Home Automation, Lighting Control & Design and a few other bits, and we thought we'd branch out into Alarms too, so had the local Honeywell rep round, and spoke to one of his colleagues to organise comissioning from them (which is great stuff indeed!!) but i'm struggling a bit with the wiring of the sensors (viper vibration detectors and honeywell dual-tec's)

Wiring the MK7's and touch-centre is a peice of cake, but with the sensors, I understand the +/- V side of it (obviously) but the other terminals on the sensors are bugging me a bit, I know this is a bit of a strange question for a company with a dimension panel, but hopefully someone may be able to offer some further assistance?

Its standard alarm cable, so I have the red/black for V+/-, with white & green for the other... then there is the tamper circuit?

Please forgive my utter confusion in this matter, i've been working 12-ish hour days for the last 11 days (getting the rest of the kit in)

cheers and thanks in advance,

Jonathan.

Dear thesecurityinstaller...

I run a business in Home Automation, Lighting Control & Design and a few other bits, and we thought we'd branch out into Alarms too, so had the local Honeywell rep round, and spoke to one of his colleagues to organise comissioning from them (which is great stuff indeed!!) but i'm struggling a bit with the wiring of the sensors (viper vibration detectors and honeywell dual-tec's)

Wiring the MK7's and touch-centre is a peice of cake, but with the sensors, I understand the +/- V side of it (obviously) but the other terminals on the sensors are bugging me a bit, I know this is a bit of a strange question for a company with a dimension panel, but hopefully someone may be able to offer some further assistance?

Its standard alarm cable, so I have the red/black for V+/-, with white & green for the other... then there is the tamper circuit?

Please forgive my utter confusion in this matter, i've been working 12-ish hour days for the last 11 days (getting the rest of the kit in)

cheers and thanks in advance,

Jonathan.

If you're struggling with the wireing of sensors mate then the galaxy is not for you

thanks for coming back to me, EOL? What does that stand for? Yeah. I was aware it needed resistors putting in, I'm not onsite now but they're the 3k ones? And I put those inbetween tamper/alarm?

Once we've got this installed the next one will be a breeze as I pick things up quickly and can remember once "it makes sense"..... The interconnectivity such as RS232, Network etc is easy, just the sensor wiring....

Any help is greatly appreciated

Jonathan

thanks for coming back to me, EOL? What does that stand for? Yeah. I was aware it needed resistors putting in, I'm not onsite now but they're the 3k ones? And I put those inbetween tamper/alarm?

Once we've got this installed the next one will be a breeze as I pick things up quickly and can remember once "it makes sense"..... The interconnectivity such as RS232, Network etc is easy, just the sensor wiring....

Jonathan

EOL - End of Line

Not got the manual, it's all there?

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Guest anguscanplay
and can remember once "it makes sense".....

Jonathan

LOL - ive been trying to make sense of it for over 20 years, you sure you want your HA tainted by not knowing what your doing on the alarm side?

good advice time - you wire it but get someone who HAS been trained to connect AND commision it - take all the money and non of the grief

The resistors if default will be 1k. Id be careful though as the galaxy is a powerful beast. There is a lot more to it than 'getting it running'

Much the same as HA id guess, i bet if someone said to you 'once ive done one the rest is easy' you would think to yourself 'good luck mate'?

But anyway

Good luck lol

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Jonathan

Archived