Security Installer Community

Sla Batteries - Worth Buying Premium Brand?

kuchars22

I need to replace my Power-sonic 12v 7ah battery, and was wondering whether it was worth paying extra for premium brands like this, or others luke Yucell or Yuasa, or go for a cheaper, unknown brand like the one from Screwfix:

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/38315/Electr...00-x-65-x-151mm

It's half the price but not sure if this is reliable or not, maybe someone technical has any comments, are they built from the same factory or better to invest in branded? FYI it's for domestic install on a Scanny, about 14-16 detectors with it's own circuit from the consumer unit. Low-risk situations.

cheers

I need to replace my Power-sonic 12v 7ah battery, and was wondering whether it was worth paying extra for premium brands like this, or others luke Yucell or Yuasa, or go for a cheaper, unknown brand like the one from Screwfix:

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/38315/Electr...00-x-65-x-151mm

It's half the price but not sure if this is reliable or not, maybe someone technical has any comments, are they built from the same factory or better to invest in branded? FYI it's for domestic install on a Scanny, about 14-16 detectors with it's own circuit from the consumer unit. Low-risk situations.

cheers

For a one off situation like the one you describe I would tend to use a cheaper battery but change it reguarly (every 3 years).

If I were fitting 20 odd batteries per week it might be worth using better quality ones because the cost of a call back is expensive and the more systems you fit the more liklely the odds are to work against you.

Just an opinion though, I have used many different brands of batteries and although Yuasa have an excellent reputation I can hoenstly say I have never noticed any appreciable difference between brands.

Cool - Just surfing through the site to see what else I could buy!

paracetamol as youll probably have a headache after chorlton wacks you on the head :lol:

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Hello, I recently enquired in my local Screwfix to who makes their SLA batteries. I got them to bring through the two capacities I would need and both were Yucell, which is a bit expensive for them when you can get Yuasa for about the same price.

djrock

• 1 year later...

Archived