Security Installer Community

Wages

rob6709

Guest anguscanplay
a pay rise needs to better inflation or by definition it's not a rise.

whats inflation currently say 4% ? so i say 5-10% - if your good at your job.

it's all subjective anyway.

it`s subjective cause no ones getting a rise this year (or next by the looks of it)

it`s subjective cause no ones getting a rise this year (or next by the looks of it)

why's that then?

you not rising prices annually in line with inflation?

your bread, milk, gas, electric, diesel and everything else staying the same price too?

you make out like this industry and/or your commercial operation is somehow seperate from the UK economy.

:huh:

Guest anguscanplay
you make out like this industry and/or your commercial operation is somehow seperate from the UK economy.

:huh:

nah sorry but thats what your doing claiming 5 to 10% annual increase is the minumum a good engineer could/should get this year (or the next) were in ressection (sic) in all but name - no ones getting anything soon or did you think the recent strikes were just a day off for the binmen?

nah sorry but thats what your doing claiming 5 to 10% annual increase is the minumum a good engineer could/should get this year (or the next) were in ressection (sic) in all but name - no ones getting anything soon or did you think the recent strikes were just a day off for the binmen?

I didn't say that.

Basic business concept: your cost of sale rises so your sales price needs to rise to keep you gross profit equal (or greater than b4)

Labour (wages) are a cost of sale and you should budget for them to rise each year (approx inflation % + 1% IMO)

If you are feeling the pinch and cut wages (no rise over inflation % is just that) you only make a short term solution/gain and staff should be a long term investment for long term gain.

Anyway getting back on topic, what's you answer to the OP's question?

C.

Guest anguscanplay
I didn't say that.

Basic business concept: your cost of sale rises so your sales price needs to rise to keep you gross profit equal (or greater than b4)

Labour (wages) are a cost of sale and you should budget for them to rise each year (approx inflation % + 1% IMO)

If you are feeling the pinch and cut wages (no rise over inflation % is just that) you only make a short term solution/gain and staff should be a long term investment for long term gain.

Anyway getting back on topic, what's you answer to the OP's question?

C.

been asking both employees and employers lately, as you know and it seems

can only speak about my area. Find many engineers that claim to be on 28k+ but knowing the people that pay em, it isnt true.

average nurse is on 20 ish K a year. (D grade) yet alarm engineers are on 30k?

I dont think its a good idea to go on in public but a lot of people claim to be on a higher basic than they really are (or maybe they belive it) or dont know what a basic is. When id been in the game the 3 years i was not on the equivilent of 28k then.

Some engineers are underpaid cos they are very very good, but many think they ar better than they really are, but i suppose thats human nature, i reakon im better than i really am lol

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Guest Thunderfingers
a pay rise needs to better inflation or by definition it's not a rise.

whats inflation currently say 4% ? so i say 5-10% - if your good at your job.

it's all subjective anyway.

1.8% anyone???

The 4% inflation thing is BS anyway - it relates to a "shopping trolley" of set items that includes things like oil & bread,which have risen considerably more than 4% (or a twenty fifth) in the last year.

As far as take home goes - yes,it is dependant on your tax code but you know what you need to be getting in your hand and then negotiate in reverse to get this.

IMO you cant expext to get the same wage (salary) if you only do one discipline as an engineer who does multi disciplines. Many intruder engineers expect to get 28k and wont learn new disciplines then moan when they only get offered 20k.

Lee Sutton

E-Mail: leesutton@centurianfire.co.uk

Phone: 0845 094 9870

CENTURIAN FIRE & SECURITY (part of centurian group limited)

Archived