Security Installer Community

Need To Upgrade Dvr

harry254

Hi Guys,

First time post here, so please be gentle! ;)

I'm looking for a decent upgrade from a AVtech 760 dvr. Currently have 2 cameras which give an excellent picture when live viewing but blocky when viewing the recorded picture on the 760. I've tried all the settings but had to go back to the VCR which gives much better recording quality although not as long!

So what would you guys recommend as a decent upgrade dvr? Should i go for one which has h264 compression? which would give me an improvement in recorded picture quality for about

Hi Guys,

First time post here, so please be gentle! ;)

I'm looking for a decent upgrade from a AVtech 760 dvr. Currently have 2 cameras which give an excellent picture when live viewing but blocky when viewing the recorded picture on the 760. I've tried all the settings but had to go back to the VCR which gives much better recording quality although not as long!

So what would you guys recommend as a decent upgrade dvr? Should i go for one which has h264 compression? which would give me an improvement in recorded picture quality for about

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Satsuma, you use jpeg2000 dont you?

Yup sure do and have to say have never had one fail either, did try 365 and av thech and didnt like them one bit :angry:

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

not used avtech before but cant complain about Jpegs

have a jpeg 16 channel installed here in the office :whistle: only using 12 cameras on it though. really good kit. to be honest.

not used avtech before but cant complain about Jpegs

and dont bother using them they are cr@p :lol:

i am just testing the new dynamic jpeg - h264 machine here.

Its been runing about 3 weeks now and all is well apart from the stupid mouse - menu options dont realy work that good.

i am just testing the new dynamic jpeg - h264 machine here.

Its been runing about 3 weeks now and all is well apart from the stupid mouse - menu options dont realy work that good.

thats one of the things i didnt like about the 365 was the mouse and the menus in it controlled by a mouse, to much like another pc imho

Whats the make of the hard drive installed inside?

its the Seagate SV35 Series. maybe i'm not using the correct settings or something, does anyone have the best ones to use?

should i go for a h264 or jpeg2000 one, will either of these have better recording quality?

its the Seagate SV35 Series. maybe i'm not using the correct settings or something, does anyone have the best ones to use?

should i go for a h264 or jpeg2000 one, will either of these have better recording quality?

whats your quality level set to in the unit??

Archived