Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9651 Install. Log Cabin

jimbuoy

Hi,

We are in the process of having a large log cabin installed that will initially be a den come office for myself but in the medium term will become my work place. So eventually it will contain a lot of Coputer and video gear.

With this in mind I intend on a DIY alarm install to start with but I intend to use a Scantronic 9651 panel so that in the future it can be upgraded and give me full cover and be maintained by a "proper" alarm co.

The install instructions seem pretty staright forward and I have installed a couple of DIY systems in the past.

What I can't quiet get my head around is what Zone types to allocate to the detectors I intend to install.

Keep in mind that the cabin is just one big open area.... 4m x 8m.

So...

Door contact.. Final Exit

Dual Tech.. PIR and microwave... Entry route

Break Glass.... Normal Alarm

Smoke detector... Smoke detector.

That seems to be right to me?

Any comments? (It may sound like overkill to some but the cabin will eventually contain a lot of expensive gear)

TIA

Jim

The house currently has a very rudimentary DIY kit alarm. It's Ok but not what i'd call proffesional or user friendly (Hence my wifes inability to set the damn thing!) But I am aware that it's something that needs addressing. I actually anticipate the garage being used as storage for the same business at some stage so that will need to be alarmed too.

Monitored... yes at some stage we will need to do that in order to keep the insurance happy. I'd expect that to be 6 months or so down the line depending on how the business shapes up.

Will you have it/would you like it linked to your main house alarm and/or monitored in some way too Jim?

might as well ask us what car will suit you, why not simply ask for quotes off of 3 or 4 companies? they will all offer you free advice on what is the most suitable for your home/office on-site and do a proper risk assesment on the value held within them without obligation.

tbh from 'here' we can only pad around the edges offering broad comments, several panel makers offer controls with the ability to operate as several different alarm systems from one main panel, for instance the Gardtec G872 can support 7 such areas.

like all shopping, it's best done when not in a rush so now is the time to get hem in.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

The 9651 is not suited for connection to an ARC just something to consider.

Well you could stick it on a digi for K/H only, but for any kind of proper monitoring you will need a different panel than the 9651.

Trade Member

Well you could stick it on a digi for K/H only, but for any kind of proper monitoring you will need a different panel than the 9651.

im not a scany man, but I believe the 9651EN-00 is a Grade 2X panel, I would agree with antinode. Perhaps look at the using the Galaxy G2 with built in coms, but thats just my suggestion and would obviously be subject to a site risk assessment.

i thought the 9651 could accept various plug on communicators? or indeed be hooked up to a dualcom comunicator?

jim

im not a scany man, but I believe the 9651EN-00 is a Grade 2X panel, I would agree with antinode. Perhaps look at the using the Galaxy G2 with built in coms, but thats just my suggestion and would obviously be subject to a site risk assessment.

Archived