Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9930 Sounder Tamper Fault

errole

Hi all,

I have been having trouble with my scantronic 9930 for the last two years. If for any reason we happen to come in the back door there is no delay and the sound starts going immediately. When I enter the disarm code the sounder stops but the "sounder tamper reset required" is then permanently on the screen. Over the past two years I have phoned the installer maybe 10 times. He guides me through the process of reseting it and promised to send my written details of how to do it myself.

Anyway long story short, he's never sent them and my alarm has been useless to me for the last 6 months. With a new baby on the way I really would like this fixed. I'm not asking for engineering manuals or anything i would just really like to know how to fix this.

thanks in advance

Rob

Guest anguscanplay

the rear door isn`t programmed to allow entry? and theres a secondary fault on your sounder circuit (the vibration of the sounder can often trip the tamper switch, or maybe the sounders taking too much current) - it`s an engineer job TBH but I wish all my customers were as "forgiving " as you .........

Hi all,

I have been having trouble with my scantronic 9930 for the last two years. If for any reason we happen to come in the back door there is no delay and the sound starts going immediately. When I enter the disarm code the sounder stops but the "sounder tamper reset required" is then permanently on the screen. Over the past two years I have phoned the installer maybe 10 times. He guides me through the process of reseting it and promised to send my written details of how to do it myself.

Anyway long story short, he's never sent them and my alarm has been useless to me for the last 6 months. With a new baby on the way I really would like this fixed. I'm not asking for engineering manuals or anything i would just really like to know how to fix this.

thanks in advance

Rob

thats just not acceptable behaviour by any installer,

the system like anything else you buy has to be suitable for the purpose sold. if you can't use it then it's not suitable and trading standards should be informed if the installer will not sort it for you.

don't worry about the years warrenty, your system properly installed and maintained could be expected to last appx 10 years on average so your warrenty being now out of date is not a problem or a defense by the installer.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Hi all,

thanks in advance

Rob

Think you need to find another engineer.

The problem shouldn't be expensive to resolve, but its not one to fix in a post.

9930 btw is just the keypad, there are quite a few panels that use this keypad (all scantronic though)

I would respectfully suggest that your engineer isn't doing his job properly.

The fact that he talks you through the process of resetting it isn't actually fixing the problem, it shouldn't do it in the first place!

As already suggested it could be that your back door isn't programmed as final exit but it could also be that you have a door contact that's sticking causing an entry route PIR to trigger the system in entry.

Eitter way you need an engineer to diagnose and fix the problem properly be honest.

I can see both sides of this argument but to be honest we don't really know much about the OPs situation. He says he has been having trouble with the system for a few years but the system may be older than that.

He may have moved into the house and the system was already there, he may (and I'm not suggesting he has) been in dispute with the installation company for bad payment or if the system was fitted for the previous owner the installer has no contractual obligation to the OP.

If a system failed as a result of my own bad workmanship or because I supplied substandard equipment then I would repair it at my own cost even after the warranty expired but if the problem was just a component failure I would charge for the repair usually.

Either way I wouldn't tell the customer how to reset the tamper indication in the hope that the problem would just go away because clearly it wont!

Hi all,

thanks in advance

Rob

Clearly the system is over two years old. What did the engineer say at your last service? Has it ever been serviced? Do you have maintenance agreement. When did you start coming in the back way?

Just thinking of the flip side.

Archived