Security Installer Community

Reccomendations For Installation Equipment

so what up wth toh your gnashers or are you wimp :lol:

apart from a volt stick (or neon lol), stud/cable/pipe finder a decent 24v drill driver with decent perscussion, i use a JCB bought off Ebay cost

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

dont wind me up bout that :lol:

i had to smile at the irony today, i was asked to check if a socket was actually dead by a client after a fuse was pulled (on works i was not involved with). exsplains i'm not a sparks, used my volt stick being a gody 2 shoe's also a meter and said it was ok as far as i could tell,

then the guy asked "do you have a 'proper' tester you know one of those neon driver thingy's to double check with" - as he could not see how the voltstick could ever work reliably being non-contact even backed up by a fluke meter.

so showed him it working with an electric kettle, - also gave him this web address for his 'research' :lol:

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

I've used these for the last 12 years and thought everyone did...

http://cpc.farnell.com/TL09767/tools-stora...u=duratool-g312

Edit: Along with these...

http://cpc.farnell.com/TL01482/tools-stora...ht-301a-ht-336a

imo theres a better one, looks a bit like a bent clothes peg no idea who makes it.

regs

alan

dont forget the radio dewalt do a great one that also charges up drill batteries :rolleyes:

got to say, one 'tool' i don't leave home without is my flask mug, keeps my coffee good and drinkable for about 2 hours, so i have a drink in the traffic.

also Nescafe do 2 in 1 (no sugar) and 3 in 1 (with sugar) sachets of coffee, all you need is hot water and a cup real life savers imo.

for hot summer days on sites, really big bottle of concentrated tropical fruits diluted, placed in freezer overnight give me a cold drink all day as it thaws and keps my sandwiches cool too.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

imo theres a better one, looks a bit like a bent clothes peg no idea who makes it.

regs

alan

got to say, one 'tool' i don't leave home without is my flask mug, keeps my coffee good and drinkable for about 2 hours, so i have a drink in the traffic.

also Nescafe do 2 in 1 (no sugar) and 3 in 1 (with sugar) sachets of coffee, all you need is hot water and a cup real life savers imo.

for hot summer days on sites, really big bottle of concentrated tropical fruits diluted, placed in freezer overnight give me a cold drink all day as it thaws and keps my sandwiches cool too.

regs

alan

Here in the South of France, I keep the electric "cooler" in my boot which I fill with ice packs to keep the 2 to 3 litres of water cool.... After a 12 hr day in 30C plus tempretures, on a large site.......

Thnaks for the ideas on some of the other stuff though, very interesting.

Regards,

Andy

i had to smile at the irony today, i was asked to check if a socket was actually dead by a client after a fuse was pulled (on works i was not involved with). exsplains i'm not a sparks, used my volt stick being a gody 2 shoe's also a meter and said it was ok as far as i could tell,

then the guy asked "do you have a 'proper' tester you know one of those neon driver thingy's to double check with" - as he could not see how the voltstick could ever work reliably being non-contact even backed up by a fluke meter.

so showed him it working with an electric kettle, - also gave him this web address for his 'research' :lol:

regs

alan

Hope you tested your voltstick by rubbing it on your shirt first Arf. at least the batteries dont fail in a neon, and the larger ones are a great fit in the allen key type screws on the back of some camera housings LOL if you like ! it wotks for me.

Archived