Security Installer Community

Dd243 Requirements - Monitoring

and how do you propose to do that (keep yourself covered) ....?

Thats why I'm asking the question here???

he'll have an umbrella as it rains abit up here.

:bruce_h4h:

:raining:

Guest anguscanplay
Thats why I'm asking the question here???

now please don`t take this the wrong way but your out of your depth on this job.

It maybe that you genuinly want to help this charity in which case you could perhaps put in a good word on their behalf to whoever is ultimatly going to be taking over the site but getting it wrong will just be an expensive mistake for them

Get your manuals, procedures, accrediation and a copy of the regs before you try to run

Angus

now please don`t take this the wrong way but your out of your depth on this job.

It maybe that you genuinly want to help this charity in which case you could perhaps put in a good word on their behalf to whoever is ultimatly going to be taking over the site but getting it wrong will just be an expensive mistake for them

Get your manuals, procedures, accrediation and a copy of the regs before you try to run

Angus

I appreciate your comments Angus, and understand what your are saying, however since being in the industry some 18years now, from apprentice to install engineer to senior engineer to install manager to field manager to successfully running my own business for the past 3years, I assure you I can run, I just choose what direction to run in.

Taking criticism was never one of my strong points, so my apologies for the rant, I just wouldn't have slept if I hadn't! ;)

Gavin

Gav

You will need to recommend what is needed, the 'covering yourself' will depend on the risk assesment and you need to assess this and get it right.

I would strognly advise you get an approved comapny to do this for you at the moment, and once you are approved, done the relevant training etc you could then take the system over.

PS galaxy great choice by the way ;)

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Guest anguscanplay
I appreciate your comments Angus, and understand what your are saying, however since being in the industry some 18years now, from apprentice to install engineer to senior engineer to install manager to field manager to successfully running my own business for the past 3years, I assure you I can run, I just choose what direction to run in.

Taking criticism was never one of my strong points, so my apologies for the rant, I just wouldn't have slept if I hadn't! ;)

Gavin

thats cool mate, no problems

now sort out your approval LOL

Thanks for all the replies/comments.

I came across this site by chance, and it would seem that its going to be very useful.

cheers

Gav

Hi Gav,

Is this for the customers insurance or do they just want a monitored alarm to protect the building.

We have 3 charities that their insurance does not require police response but they have a monitored system. They also required a cheap system but opted for the Gardtec 490x.

!

Hi Gav,

Is this for the customers insurance or do they just want a monitored alarm to protect the building.

We have 3 charities that their insurance does not require police response but they have a monitored system. They also required a cheap system but opted for the Gardtec 490x.

Hi Gardtec

Customer just wanted a monitored alarm. If it was just a monitored system ie keyholder only then I could've done it through my own ARC.

Anyways, I've now installed the job and an approved company has taken the job on for m&m (after a site inspection).

So, everyones a winner :green:

Gav

Archived