Security Installer Community

Dd243 Requirements - Monitoring

I have a customer who wants the cheapest of all cheapest installs. Basically, its a charity, so moneys tight. He wants a basic system with just a digi dialler. They intend to use one single BT line for all services ie alarm, phone and internet. so i've priced a Galaxy G2-20 and intend to use the onboard dialler with ADSL filter.

Since there's no secondary signalling, do I have a problem with DD243?

Any help appreciated

Gav

what you have explained is fine, thats what i would do ( but with texecom as i have'nt found a cheap supplier for galaxy ), you should'nt have a problem with dd243 from what i know of ( but i might be wrong )

dom

I have a customer who wants the cheapest of all cheapest installs. Basically, its a charity, so moneys tight. He wants a basic system with just a digi dialler. They intend to use one single BT line for all services ie alarm, phone and internet. so i've priced a Galaxy G2-20 and intend to use the onboard dialler with ADSL filter.

Since there's no secondary signalling, do I have a problem with DD243?

Any help appreciated

Gav

A1 SECURITY & FIRE SOLUTIONS LTD - www.a1securityfiresolutions.co.uk - 0800 0 438 107 - 07734082789 - Indruder Alarms, Fire Detection, CCTV, Access Control, Fire Extinguishers

GavHogg

Welcome First of all can i ask if your registered with an inspectorate?

We cannot go into massive detail on a public forum about this for obvious reasons, if you can make a few posts showing knowledge and apply to be vetted for trade access.

But, signalling type is irrelevant to dd243. You may have an en50131 issue regarding the risk assesment but without seeing the site its impossible for anyone other than the assessor to know.

Have you already surveyed the site? and how does the phone line enter the building?

James

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

what you have explained is fine, thats what i would do ( but with texecom as i have'nt found a cheap supplier for galaxy ), you should'nt have a problem with dd243 from what i know of ( but i might be wrong )

dom

Thanks Dom

GavHogg

Welcome First of all can i ask if your registered with an inspectorate?

We cannot go into massive detail on a public forum about this for obvious reasons, if you can make a few posts showing knowledge and apply to be vetted for trade access.

But, signalling type is irrelevant to dd243. You may have an en50131 issue regarding the risk assesment but without seeing the site its impossible for anyone other than the assessor to know.

Have you already surveyed the site? and how does the phone line enter the building?

James

Hi James

I haven't registered yet, however I do plan to apply for SSAIB accreditation (its on a long list of things to do).

I plan to take out a monitoring contract via a third party company, which the customer is aware of, until such times as I can transfer to my ARC. I'm aware that in order to get the URN I need to be accredited (so this is my only option, should I take the job on).

I have surveyed the site and in typical bt fashion the phone line is clipped externally to point of entering the building. There is a risk that the phone line could be cut or indeed engaged deliberately(shared line). The customer has been made aware of this fact though.

Gavin

what charity is it .............?

The religous kind......why?

Guest anguscanplay
The religous kind......why?

risk assesment see ......... the fact they want it cheapest cheap`s not relevant

risk assesment see ......... the fact they want it cheapest cheap`s not relevant

I agree its not, but if I can give the customer what they want within their budget and keep myself covered then I'll do it.

Guest anguscanplay
I agree its not, but if I can give the customer what they want within their budget and keep myself covered then I'll do it.

and how do you propose to do that (keep yourself covered) ....?

Archived