Security Installer Community

Ms Office - How Cheap Can I Get It?

Mike J

i carry backups on my phone sd cards, have several 2meg's and laptop has a sd slot. this way they are always with me as the phone has to be surgically removed

anyone with a windows smart phone then get yourself a copy of sdbackup, worth its weight in gold imo. it allows you to transfer contacts etc to any sd card quickly, then onto new phone so your back and running if yours breaks

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Thanks for all the advice guys.

I like the idea of master CD plus licences Arfur. We need 5 copies in total so please find out the deal and let me know the pricing.

Either list on here or send as a private message.

Thanks again.

Thanks for all the advice guys.

I like the idea of master CD plus licences Arfur. We need 5 copies in total so please find out the deal and let me know the pricing.

Either list on here or send as a private message.

Thanks again.

Are these going on a domain??

i ask because one of our customers mentioned something about volume licences having to be 'seen' at least once every 30 days otherwise the licence bombs.

Are these going on a domain??

i ask because one of our customers mentioned something about volume licences having to be 'seen' at least once every 30 days otherwise the licence bombs.

Dont know about that mate but all of the PC's will be connected online so if MS are looking then they shall see!!!

Licences are the last thing I worry about those people at MS seeing, they have far too much access to our PC's in life!!!

I work for Salto by the way Andy, I help lots of people but please remember they employ me!!!

Dont know about that mate but all of the PC's will be connected online so if MS are looking then they shall see!!!

Licences are the last thing I worry about those people at MS seeing, they have far too much access to our PC's in life!!!

Apparently it isn't to do with Microsoft global superpower.com sniffing the net looking for licences. It is the way the keys are created/registered/wotever. The clients have to be logged in at least once every thirty days (so i was informed) to the server. This 'reactivates' for want of a better description the timer clock.

The method is to prevent people getting hold of a volume licence key and abusing it - as most did on previous releases.

i carry backups on my phone sd cards, have several 2meg's and laptop has a sd slot. this way they are always with me as the phone has to be surgically removed

anyone with a windows smart phone then get yourself a copy of sdbackup, worth its weight in gold imo. it allows you to transfer contacts etc to any sd card quickly, then onto new phone so your back and running if yours breaks

regs

alan

Seems a good idea, my only concern would be if the phone (or come to that memory stick) got nicked. Most of our customers pay by DDM or STO and all bank details etc on our computers. I'm not up to full speed on encryption, though apparently one step ahead of MOD and the like.

If your approved you cant remove data from the office, due to the laptop, mobile theft issue etc. If you must have data on the move then id advise using an app that syncs and only holds limited info on the device, ie name and address details for servicing nothing sensitive.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

If your approved you cant remove data from the office, due to the laptop, mobile theft issue etc. If you must have data on the move then id advise using an app that syncs and only holds limited info on the device, ie name and address details for servicing nothing sensitive.

Yep Makes sense.

How does complete back up of all info on file get stored off site. We had a flood that wiped out all data. We upload daily but does this comply. Could of gone belly up (exagerating but its the jist) if not for uploading.

Who decides whats sensitive. I mean bank details yes, but what about specs, whats on the system. Need to know for service. What setting has what sensors. How helpful if in the wrong hands?

MOD & NHS etc. easy to mock but if we're in security how silly we look for the smallest mistake.

Any input would be welcome.

Archived