Security Installer Community

Eurosec Cpx Vocomm Problem

AdSoz

Yes, but you can just go from a phone point with a cable to the panel. We all know bt wouldn't bee to happy if we started pulling the master off the wall, routing their cables into our panel and out to the rest of the house.... then again they'd probabally shout for connecting the alarm up anyway!!!!

THIS MAY HAVE TO BE EDITED NOW BUT:

what would happen if someone left i phone off the hook ect?

Guest anguscanplay
THIS MAY HAVE TO BE EDITED NOW BUT:

what would happen if someone left i phone off the hook ect?

if thats a worry the risk assesment should have called for something more serious than a vo-comm

Guest anguscanplay
that could happen anywhere you (nice man you) :rolleyes: , and can be avoided very easily.

LOL - bit harder to leave a GSM off the hook?

LOL - bit harder to leave a GSM off the hook?

yeah, but that does not mean gsm is needed. Its a bit harder to rob a bank then a house, but that does not mean a house needs to be as secure as a bank. :sothere:

ps: who edited my post? is PLANK now in the BWF? :hmm:

Aaron i feel its fine to say if the burglars break in and pick upi your phone it wont ring anyone.

Thats why companies such as ours insist on a dedicated incoming calls barred line for digis. Client can ignore it and put it on a shared line of they want to.

Also as gus says, RA would usually prevent a voice dialler anyway.

James

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Aaron i feel its fine to say if the burglars break in and pick upi your phone it wont ring anyone.

Thats why companies such as ours insist on a dedicated incoming calls barred line for digis. Client can ignore it and put it on a shared line of they want to.

Also as gus says, RA would usually prevent a voice dialler anyway.

James

can't belive you put that in you post :lol: looks like change is here.

Anyway back on topic, you can gain the same thing by having the panel first in line anyway.

As for the RA, not the case all the time. eg, if a bells only is fine then the dialler is just an optional extra, but it may aswell be installed in the correct manner. I know what you saying, but it is not always the case.

Alter has a point guy's fair play

ahh.........i feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :lol:

Archived