Security Installer Community

Eurosec Cpx Vocomm Problem

AdSoz

Hi all

On request, Risco have sent me the engineer manual for the CPX. I asked for it becuase i had just a few issues setting up my system without it!

I have now solved all the little niggles except getting the VoComm to work, ie the test call just doesnt call (i can hear the relay click but my mobile (programmed as the first and only number to dial) never rings)

Picking up another extension on the house line when the test call is being made confirms that nothing is being dialled out.

Bizarrely, if i plug a phone into the microfilter, sitting just before the connection to the board, i can make and receive calls without any problems.

So, i believe the problem is either a) I am missing something in the engineer and user guides and just havnt programmed vocomm properly or B) i have made the connections from the microfilter to the board incorrectly.

I have the connectors from the BT line 2 to 2, 3 to 3 and 5 to 5, as per the instruction manual.

does anyone have any ideas what i might be doing wrong? First time i've ever installed a house alarm and now that everything else is working, this little issue is driving me mad!

Any help much appreciated

cheers

Chorlton, hadnt yet raised with Risco or supplier as only found out i still had the problem this eve after consulting the eng manual

Chris, that may well have solved the problem (will test v soon and post back to conf) - i guess connecting the right wires to the right terminals will help.... Totally misread the wiring diagram. Many many thanks.

Didnt realise i should be routing the entire line through the panel. I currently have two parallel spurs coming off the master socket (nothing plugged into that itself) - one to the panel and one to the phone. i guess if the phone's in use the cpx wont be able to seize the line in this configuration?

thanks again

You don't need to route all the extentions through the alarm panel, you can just take a line (spur) to the panel which will be ok. As said above A&B or 2&5 for the line. If you have adsl broadband on the line you can buy an inline micro filter which is probabally best and follow the instructions for installing it which is pretty straight forward, basically line in and then out onto the panel. If you don't use the filter and have adsl line the vocom will still work but your adsl signal will drop out whilst the alrm is using the line, also with cpx remote software the panel won't be able to be remote accessed via a pc (If for any reason you wanted that, upload download probabally no use if it's a diy job and risco probabally won't give the passcodes for the software which is understandable, but handy to have incase of any problems) Hope this helps.

CCTV Intruder Access Control

Tony Hughes, Proprietor,

TRADE MEMBER

You don't need to route all the extentions through the alarm panel, you can just take a line (spur) to the panel which will be ok. As said above A&B or 2&5 for the line. If you have adsl broadband on the line you can buy an inline micro filter which is probabally best and follow the instructions for installing it which is pretty straight forward, basically line in and then out onto the panel. If you don't use the filter and have adsl line the vocom will still work but your adsl signal will drop out whilst the alrm is using the line, also with cpx remote software the panel won't be able to be remote accessed via a pc (If for any reason you wanted that, upload download probabally no use if it's a diy job and risco probabally won't give the passcodes for the software which is understandable, but handy to have incase of any problems) Hope this helps.

IMO that is not the best way to do it.

You should have the alarm first and the rest of the phone extentions to follow[there is an easy way to wire it]. If it is not done this way there could be a big problem. I can't say in public side but it is very simple to see what could happen.

Guest anguscanplay
IMO that is not the best way to do it.

You should have the alarm first and the rest of the phone extentions to follow[there is an easy way to wire it]. If it is not done this way there could be a big problem. I can't say in public side but it is very simple to see what could happen.

you`ll start the whole - "can I not run phones up and back down the same cable then ....." question off again now LOL

Yes, but you can just go from a phone point with a cable to the panel. We all know bt wouldn't bee to happy if we started pulling the master off the wall, routing their cables into our panel and out to the rest of the house.... then again they'd probabally shout for connecting the alarm up anyway!!!!

CCTV Intruder Access Control

Tony Hughes, Proprietor,

TRADE MEMBER

Archived