Security Installer Community

Free Software..

Guest anguscanplay

okay its cost me a new laptop to run it on and I havnt seen daylight since I got it ......

http://www.msofficeaccounting.co.uk/express.aspx

but the wifes no longer talking to me now so its not all bad news

What's the verdict on the software then? :hmm:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

hi guys,

i've used quickbooks pro for some 15 years, have to pay for it then after 90 days more if you want support - yeh right!

looked at msaccounting recently, seems a good package if a bit ruff here and there, what it can't seem to handle is the following

you have a main client who are a firm of proprty managers, so who have several sites. invoicing has to be be

cold harbour dungeons housing commitee

c/o property agents

1 spive street

glasgow

P1D Off

hot harbour dungeons housing commitee

c/o property agents

1 spive street

glasgow

P1D Off

and so on. i have a several clients like this, who pay several jobs on one cheque makes a the job of entering tricky. i did once ask them to pay individually just led to even more confusion and late payments. Qucikbooks for all its woes has for me this one redeeming feature, it allows you to nest jobs under one name, when you get a cheque the routine pops up all the outstanding invoices and you simply check mark against for your allocations.

might seem a small thing and i could manually split cheques up and enter them, thats not a problem if your fortunate enough to have staff who do this as it arrives, for me me being the sole operation means i don't allways dutifully do my books each day or week (month for that matter :unsure: ). so the problem their is if i later notice a cheque on my statement which seems not to have been entered - it's a pia of a job sorting out who it belonged to.

to that end recent years i now have most clients paying by BACS which helps (i also pay most of my suppliers on BACS for the same book keeping reasons), i also photcopy each cheque received along with any advice note and date of paying in. trust me, on a VAT inspection that is just priceless to present them with.

if you throw in estimates can be turned into invoices and step/advance payment invoices, and although i don't 'love'; the package as yet i have not seen another that gets close enough for my personal needs.

Intuit do like to 'sunset' their products then flog you the 'new' version for

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

I use http://www.vtsoftware.co.uk/

Bought it on my acountants advice after doing everything on paper (simplex D system) for 3-4 years.

No problems I'm aware of, but it is the wife that does it I just provide the numbers :rolleyes:

C.

my other 'arf is the cheif accountant for an IT company with 20 staff under her working with Sage 200, but hmmm! let her look at MY books - and find out how much my toys REALLY cost?

i'd have to join a monastery :unsure:

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived