Security Installer Community

Double Pole Contact Grade 2?

Aaron the recharge time is part of the calc but is part of the psu spare capacity reserverd for recharge, and to be honest the smaller the better.

Some companies (including ours) do the 7 A/h G2 and 17 A/h G3 as a minimum (with checks on sys record of course) but to be honest sometimes on very small systems you could use smaller on both grades.

Only need a 12hour standby now so on a rough calc a 200mA day mode could use a 2.8/3.2 A/h Battery or a 500 mA on a 7 and comply.

yeah i get about the same, just over 500ma available using a 7 amp. Can't see where it comes from tbh, but i know it was something like that.

unless 7 amp was the biggest it could take due to power supply :hmm::lol:

2nd part very likely Aaron, this is why psu were rated lower (or given a low aux rating) to provide enough current to recharge in time. BS used to require a full recharge in 24 hours, but it was down to us to allow enough overhead to recharge so psu didnt change, just people couldnt ignore recharge time anymore lol

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

2nd part very likely Aaron, this is why psu were rated lower (or given a low aux rating) to provide enough current to recharge in time. BS used to require a full recharge in 24 hours, but it was down to us to allow enough overhead to recharge so psu didnt change, just people couldnt ignore recharge time anymore lol

seems it was that :rolleyes:

as i have it the maximum is 8 amps, but as 7 is the closest.

i can't remember the last system i did that would have needed less then 7 amp so atleast they were not wasted :lol:

Guest RJBsec

Are 'we' getting confused about the short-term allowance of the use of contacts without intrinsic tamper detection?

For a while it was possible to use standard contacts without tamper protection on the basis that they were fitted into or flush to the fabric of the building (generally the door/window frame).

This allowance was made due to the lack of available graded contacts and had nothing to do with "adding resistors" or the like, however that allowance no longer exists and contacts used now in a graded system must be manufactured and certified to the required grade.

Did you se the new 5 terminal contact at ifsec from CQR its just like the old 5 teminal conact with one of the silver screws replaced with a small switch.

No something else i missed it appears lol. Whats the switch for, is it a eol selecting switch or a tamper switch? and what grade?

Its just a tamper switch that would press against the frame, you still need to fit Eol but its the same size as the old surface contacts.

Grade 2

Archived