Security Installer Community

Double Pole Contact Grade 2?

I have been told that if you use a standard G1 flush contact 5 terminal type, you know the ones and then make it EOL ie: connecting the resistors on the contact, the way we used to do it years ago omn Galaxy systems this would then make it a grade 2 contact?

I disagree as the contact says its a grade 1 product only, but my MANAGER yes you read right says only if this was connected using double pole.

I have said that a system can be grade 2 on double pole wiring, but am slighlty confused that i can wire this contact double pole but the contact would still be a grade 1 product and therefore system. I have done some web serching and can only assume that a G2 flush contact is "potted".

I know that this probably a simple question but if someone can tell me that works on security more than myself as i am mainly a fire engineer but have beeen asked to also do security it would be a great help.

Thanks in advance.

butki55

Manufacturer certifies the Grade of the component not your managers pet idea.

i can see where he got lost though, eg. you fit a gardtec eurosec cp8l G2 panel, it is stated to be G2, yet if you fit anything less then a 7amp battery it doesn't make the grade 2.

So there is still alot of confusion out there.

Guest RJBsec
i can see where he got lost though, eg. you fit a gardtec eurosec cp8l G2 panel, it is stated to be G2, yet if you fit anything less then a 7amp battery it doesn't make the grade 2.

So there is still alot of confusion out there.

Battery size doesn't change the grade of the panel, however battery capacity may affect compliance of the system within the grade specified (varies with AC fail to ARC).

Battery size doesn't change the grade of the panel, however battery capacity may affect compliance of the system within the grade specified (varies with AC fail to ARC).

well..............................yes.

Thats what i ment, but its a little different, as even if you fit nothing on the panel and just power it up with the keypad and say a non powered device such as a contact, it still needs a 7 amp to comply.

I doesnt need to be a 7 A/h minimum

As RJB says its based on standytime required you may well get a 3.2 to calc within 12 hours.

but your right it appears there is a lot of confusion out there lol...

James

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

why does it need a 7amp AlterEGO

As RJB says its based on standytime required you may well get a 3.2 to calc within 12 hours.

but your right it appears there is a lot of confusion out there lol... but not everywhere.

James

Tbh i can't fully remember, it had something to do with the power available to charge the battery. It was the reason we fitted 7 amp bats as the minimum from then on.

Although to be honest just done the sums and i don't see how they came up with it, as it works out ok for me with smaller batteries.

I always thought of it as a risco issue if that makes any sense to you, rather then a general rule.

Aaron the recharge time is part of the calc but is part of the psu spare capacity reserverd for recharge, and to be honest the smaller the better.

Some companies (including ours) do the 7 A/h G2 and 17 A/h G3 as a minimum (with checks on sys record of course) but to be honest sometimes on very small systems you could use smaller on both grades.

Only need a 12hour standby now so on a rough calc a 200mA day mode could use a 2.8/3.2 A/h Battery or a 500 mA on a 7 and comply.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

I have been told that if you use a standard G1 flush contact 5 terminal type, you know the ones and then make it EOL ie: connecting the resistors on the contact, the way we used to do it years ago omn Galaxy systems this would then make it a grade 2 contact?

was the case, however nolonger, but double pole does meet with G2 but not recommend

De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da. De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da

Archived