Security Installer Community

Zone Doubling

alan know his stuff.... :unsure: did hear a rumour, that risco tech phone him, when they were stuck.................. :P

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Alan, you seem to know you gardtec kits.

I've contacted the retailer of the alarm and they'll include the manual if I state when checking out - as the user manual doesn't include alot of the control panel configuration which would be frustrating to say the least.

Whilst I understand the reasoning behind not including it by default, it's a little security through obscurity.

That aside, I've had a look at the 595 since I haven't placed the order yet and I notice it'll support 4 x 8 zone expanders or 1 x 30 zone module.

the PTM - what's the interface for that - a laptop or a handheld device - could make recovery easy as backing up and storing away!

Am I correct in assuming that the 595 already includes a digicom for gsm texting/calling? I can't find much out at the moment but will continue looking!

I also take it that it doesn't include a wireless expander already and this is purchased separately as the brochure again isn't clear

Thanks for putting up with the questions! :)

the 30 zone interface is an iD module, this uses '2 wire' detection technology on a 'bus' basis, you fit iD devices called biscuits (don't ask) to each detector to er iD them :rolleyes: to the panel.

imo brilliant and cheaper on bigger systems, tb4t just like marmite engineers like me love i - while others hate it. you can't mix radio with iD expanders on any gardtec panel.

again with respects it will be way out of your league for fault finding as only real parallel thinking lunatics (like me) can handle them, so i suggest you simply buy the wired 'conventioal' expanders as they will keep you well amused.

the communicator is built in and called a Vo Com, very basic but very effective if a bit tricky to set up for the novice, no expanders are included unless you buy a 'deal'.

regs

Alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

arfur mo, when you say bigger installs, how big do you mean. ie dont you have problems with line length etc. to be honest i dont like it and think it should be avoided on any cable lengths over 100m period.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

arfur mo, when you say bigger installs, how big do you mean. ie dont you have problems with line length etc. to be honest i dont like it and think it should be avoided on any cable lengths over 100m period.

I used to reguarly use Menvier TS900 with ID nodes, worked a treat until it went wrong but I found that when a biscuit went down it would often report wrongly. Ie biscuit 17 would show as a tamper fault on biscuit 13 etc.

Getting any kind of help was impossible because Menvier would bat it across to ADE (thier technology remeber) and ADE would bat it back to menvier. Grrrrrrrrrrr

Great on takeovers/extra works though!

i have a site in london in blocks of flats, xcovers the basement doors boiler houses etc, cable runs excess 500 meters, system been working for 15 years+ no issues and the cable run in ducts with other services - poison if you listen to those who can't fault find iD systems, or put them in properly in the 1st place :P.

needs A1 space ship quality connections to every terminal, i could spend 2 hours teaching you how that is done (and all the ways it should not be).

regs

alan

Guest anguscanplay
needs A1 space ship quality connections to every terminal, i could spend 2 hours teaching you how that is done (and all the ways it should not be).

regs

alan

well just give us the quick version then, cause I got one going in next week

well just give us the quick version then, cause I got one going in next week

:lol:

your way beyond my or anyone else's help Angus :P

regs

alan

Archived