Security Installer Community

Removing Aritech Shock Switch

BigDave

Hi,

First of all, hello, this is my first post.

We are having new french doors and I need to remove the Aritech Shock sensor from the existing patio doors.

I've noticed it has four wires going in. Is there anything I can do to these wires to permanently remove the sensor? This is to get round the problem of re-installing the sensor on the new doors (we never use the alarm but might want to activate it in the future).

EDIT: FYI - not sure if this helps, but the wires are black, red, yellow and blue.

Hope you can help,

Thanks

David

Hi,

We are having new french doors and I need to remove the Aritech Shock sensor from the existing patio doors.

I've noticed it has four wires going in. Is there anything I can do to these wires to permanently remove the sensor? This is to get round the problem of re-installing the sensor on the new doors (we never use the alarm but might want to activate it in the future).

Hope you can help,

Thanks

David

it probably has a positive and negative supply for power, and an alarm pair which shohld be n/o (normally open.

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

it probably has a positive and negative supply for power, and an alarm pair which shohld be n/o (normally open.

I think you will find aritech inertias have no aux power to the device.

Here we go agian blind leading blind.

Hi,

EDIT: FYI - not sure if this helps, but the wires are black, red, yellow and blue.

Hope you can help,

Thanks

David

Please think about what your telling a member to do and the possible consequences.

Unfortunately there is no standard colour code used by alarm companies so it's impossible to tell which ones are which without testing them.

Please think about what your telling a member to do and the possible consequences.

Unfortunately there is no standard colour code used by alarm companies so it's impossible to tell which ones are which without testing them.

Thanks. Taking the cover off, the mechanism with what sounds like ball bearings inside has two wires (red and yellow), and the other two (blue and black) are connected to either side of the sensor base.

That's a new one on me, is it a pressure mat in disguise?

i realised how i wrote it and as i was tired and it was fairly late that must be why :whistle: anyway sorry i meant to say n/c normally closed NOT open :ninja:

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

:lol:

i was going to mention the which way around they have to go but i can see we have an expert already at hand :lol:

Archived