Security Installer Community

I Dunno....

Guest anguscanplay

my advice

DON.T banghead

and i am not a computer nerd or expert. Stick to XP , at least that way all your programmes will work IMHO

Paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

if I want Vista on my new laptop or not - any advice please

thanks

Angus

Big memory requirement as with all new OS, one gig minimum I think it is.

Just make sure your software runs under vista......

I'm still on XP Pro and see no reason to change as yet, but if you like the latest toys....... :rolleyes:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

if I want Vista on my new laptop or not - any advice please

thanks

Angus

Think of at least one overwhelming reason why.

Then try to convince someone else as well.

Then buy it with XP anyway, it's going to be supported until 2014 at least and you'll have bought at least 3 more before then (more if they get nicked or you drop them)

PS Windows 7 will be out next year, so just forget Vista completely like most corporates will. :lol:

Hi Angus, As per Luggsey-I'm on XP pro-at least you know where you stand for the time being!.

Most of the bugs by now have been ironed out and most hardware will work with it-better the devil you know.

Give Vista a chance to settle-it's still a relatively new operating system upgrade-and software/hardware vendors a chance to meld with it.

Regards.

Richard.

PS Service pack 3 is now out for XP as you'll proberably be aware-I haven't downloaded it yet as by all accounts there isn't really any need as long as all your other windows updates are up to date !.Why fix it if it aint broke!.

Whilst I'm on and you lot are listening-I've applied on a few occasions to be given access as a full trade member and heard nothing back-can anyone me help out?.

Richard.

i would also agree with above stick with XPO its much better and more stable.

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Guest Cerberus NI

I was going to upgrade to XP but was advised strongly against it by a couple of people who are always into getting the latest anything! Aside from programs not working they couldn't put up with the "Do you want to do that?","Do you really want to do that?","Are you really sure you really want to do that?" etc!

Guest anguscanplay
Think of at least one overwhelming reason why.

Then try to convince someone else as well.

Then buy it with XP anyway, it's going to be supported until 2014 at least and you'll have bought at least 3 more before then (more if they get nicked or you drop them)

PS Windows 7 will be out next year, so just forget Vista completely like most corporates will. :lol:

isnt there any reason to switch ? this is going to be a fairly high spec machine T82?? 2.?ghz 3gb ram and 350gb hard drive thats having all new office pro 2007 etc and none of my old proggrames ( new machine / fresh start type thing)

what does vista do that xp can`t?

isnt there any reason to switch ? this is going to be a fairly high spec machine T82?? 2.?ghz 3gb ram and 350gb hard drive thats having all new office pro 2007 etc and none of my old proggrames ( new machine / fresh start type thing)

CRASHES :lol:

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Just do this Angus!

Dual boot

For him that cannot make up his mind!

hitit

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Archived