Security Installer Community

I Dunno....

Guest anguscanplay

I designed and built my computer to work around vista and never looked back but If I had an older computer id stick with XP as Vista can be very tempremental. Dont forget that unless youve got a decent version of vista ie premium or ultimate you dont get many extras anyway

extras like....what?

Well theres bitlocker which is an encryption tool, media centre which is cool once you work out how it works as it is an all in one centre ie you can browse photos, record tv play movies etc. Theres dvd maker which works well as it converts files to dvd format takes ages but works well and theres a few smaller programs like snipping tool that lets you take a snippet of the screen where you want and save it as a picture. Probably loads more but havent found em all yet

Well theres bitlocker which is an encryption tool, media centre which is cool once you work out how it works as it is an all in one centre ie you can browse photos, record tv play movies etc. Theres dvd maker which works well as it converts files to dvd format takes ages but works well and theres a few smaller programs like snipping tool that lets you take a snippet of the screen where you want and save it as a picture. Probably loads more but havent found em all yet

And all of them can be done better by other programmes. Windows didn't get the title of bloatware for nothing.

And all of them can be done better by other programmes. Windows didn't get the title of bloatware for nothing.

maybe so but why pay for something when you get it with the os, also theres the memory integration features and dx10, I dualbooted mine at first before I went on to vista and to be honest vista worked better for gaming. Like i said though if you got xp then stick with it as it works well but if youve built a new pc then in my opinion try vista on it and see what you think,

Archived