Security Installer Community

Internet Via Mobile Networks

arfur mo

hi guys,

anyone see watachdog this week?

(no i was not on it Angus :rolleyes: )

had an item on those usb dongles you can buy which plug in and allow internet access, anyway this chap bought one for his daughter to use on her lappy,

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

I use one of the above for the lappy, would never have considered roaming charges but no doubt it's in the small print! buyer beware as always, but there maybe a case for 'reasonable' charges being excessive?

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

I use one of the above for the lappy, would never have considered roaming charges but no doubt it's in the small print! buyer beware as always, but there maybe a case for 'reasonable' charges being excessive?

i just 'roam' until i find an unsecured WiFi ;)

just amazing how many there are

regs

alan

That's not legal Alan, as I'm sure you know.

nor is speeding legal - but i just bet you do :lol:

could be an interesting argument though, if your neighbour (lets say our musical mate Angus with his banjo) plays his music loud enough for you to hear because he did not close his windows or fit double glazing, is it then illegal to listen to or perhaps even record it?

regs

alan

Although it is still illegal there is now a very widespread community within which it is legal.

An ISP offers their internet access using a wireless router at your home, if you are willing to share your connectivity with anyone else on this network then you are similarly allowed to access any other users routers who are also sharing and vice versa.

If you choose not to share then you cannot access the routers of others who do share.

The configuration of this is handled by the ISP themselves and is nicely secure.

Fairest way I can think of doing it tbh. Not sure on current numbers but it is rapidly taking off.

'J

btn_myprofile_160x33.png

Archived