Security Installer Community

Pir False Alarms In Wooden Shed

zs123

hmm, second time in the same thread,

yep thats a good idea - lets put a known dodgy PIR in a wooden shed on instant tx, batteries might last till the end of the week if your lucky

ps your 490x will (yes it will - you`ed just have to be an idiot to do it)

2nd time?

the radio (unconfirmed its radio) pir only transmits on activation, being it's iin a shed not ford motor companies main entance this will be low on activation counts., unlike a hall or lounge traffic levels.

so what exactly is 'being an idiot' about when following the makers instructions (or have you not read them?)

when in a hole - stop digging

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay
2nd time?

the radio (unconfirmed its radio) pir only transmits on activation, being it's iin a shed not ford motor companies main entance this will be low on activation counts., unlike a hall or lounge traffic levels.

so what exactly is 'being an idiot' about when following the makers instructions (or have you not read them?)

when in a hole - stop digging

regs

alan

as the op said in his first post BT home monitoring er thats radio then

you need to read your own advice arf, you really do LOL its so low on activation count that it goes off the same time everyday, so how many times whilst the systems unset do you think its triggering too ?

fact is a PIR in a shed is a recipe for trouble

as the op said in his first post BT home monitoring er thats radio then

you need to read your own advice arf, you really do LOL its so low on activation count that it goes off the same time everyday, so how many times whilst the systems unset do you think its triggering too ?

fact is a PIR in a shed is a recipe for trouble

interesting link Angus, but no mention i could see of a BT Home alarm system in the o/p's first or any of his posts in this thread :unsure:

as for reading my own advice???

being its a garden shed which is mentioned in the title, and if your going to diagnose faults successfully 1st time, you have to be aware of any outside influences that can come to bear in ny situation to hope to be effective.

so a small insight gained from my vast experience follows, for all my devoted apprentices -:

i'd suspect the local wildlife, squirrels/foxes/beavers/stoats/cats/dogs whatever making there regular rounds. in nature they tend to have a fairly regular routine, marking out territories with scent, on the prowl for a bit on the side etc. but especially so when some grub is handy at the same sort of time each day. if a few doors up are feeding their dog at say 3pm the critters soon learn this, thus making them even more regular also higher in volumes - and often the result is all over your own lawn :rolleyes: .

so you can now see theres far more to the art of fault finding than using you fancy dan posey calibrated meters :yes:

using a standard pir - wired or radio in a shed i agree is bad news, personally i've had good results with pet resistant quads, but ideally i recommend use a dual tec properly adjusted on a local psu and hooked to a universal transmitter if needed due to difficult cable run.

if the shed is that bad then restrict the pir with masking so it gives a narrow curtain of protection similar to an old fashioned ir ray, rather than the whole area. an intruder will trip it if placed carefully.

regs

alan

interesting link Angus, but no mention i could see of a BT Home alarm system in the o/p's first or any of his posts in this thread to a universal transmitter if needed due to difficult cable run.

Er ..... post #1 , bottom line !!!

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

is this your view of the pointless arquements

come on children - playtime is,nt until after class is dismissed

p

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

Guest anguscanplay
hi

i keep getting false alarms on a PIR in our shed, it is approx 18 foot by 7 and has windows that are covered in sheets so the sensor cant 'see' outside. seem to keep getting false alarms and they always seem to be in the pm but never at night.

any ideas why this could be? have tried swapping sensors, same problem. its a bthome monitor unit

its his age BK

interesting link Angus, but no mention i could see of a BT Home alarm system in the o/p's first or any of his posts in this thread :unsure:

as for reading my own advice???

being its a garden shed which is mentioned in the title, and if your going to diagnose faults successfully 1st time, you have to be aware of any outside influences that can come to bear in ny situation to hope to be effective.

so a small insight gained from my vast experience follows, for all my devoted apprentices -:

so you can now see theres far more to the art of fault finding than using you fancy dan posey calibrated meters :yes:

banghead

What, like reading the information posted??

big ooops! on my part then, (but at least i admit when i'm wrong)

never used the kit (or seen it) so got to admit did not spring to mind it was radio,.

but proves my 1st point was right then, i.e. chosen on price - not chosen to be suitable :lol:

begs the question, if the OP installed it well needs to see if a better detctor s available, if BT instaled then could be claimed not suitable for the purpose sold.

if a dedicated radio panel i assume it would not allow double knock? tried this out yesterday 'for fun' on a G872 with radio interface and to my surprise it would accept the setting on Z91 :unsure: , so me me thinks not such a good idea to allow that and will mention it to techncal.

regs

alan

Guest anguscanplay
if a dedicated radio panel i assume it would not allow double knock? tried this out yesterday 'for fun' on a G872 with radio interface and to my surprise it would accept the setting on Z91 :unsure: , so me me thinks not such a good idea to allow that and will mention it to techncal.

regs

alan

we told you that LOL, there again tech would need to only "disallow it " for a PIR, its still valid for contacts (in theory)

Archived