Security Installer Community

Pir False Alarms In Wooden Shed

zs123

hi

i keep getting false alarms on a PIR in our shed, it is approx 18 foot by 7 and has windows that are covered in sheets so the sensor cant 'see' outside. seem to keep getting false alarms and they always seem to be in the pm but never at night.

any ideas why this could be? have tried swapping sensors, same problem. its a bthome monitor unit

your posibly using a detctor selected on price not for being the best in that area's enviorment,

so either increase the pulse count to max in the detector (usually a movable link on the pcb), or make that zone 'double knock' (via programmming mode) or the best idea is to replace that pir with a dual-tec detector, just be sure to follow the set up proceedure carefully for the mwd sensoer.

regs

alan.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

your posibly using a detctor selected on price not for being the best in that area's enviorment,

so either increase the pulse count to max in the detector (usually a movable link on the pcb), or make that zone 'double knock' (via programmming mode) or the best idea is to replace that pir with a dual-tec detector, just be sure to follow the set up proceedure carefully for the mwd sensoer.

regs

alan.

YER SPOT ON THAT ALAN. I WOULD OF SAID THE SAME

Guest anguscanplay

regs

alan.

YER SPOT ON THAT ALAN. I WOULD OF SAID THE SAME

oh dear, oh dear

I usually find double knocking RADIO gear tends to negate any effect from having the system in the first place?

oh dear, oh dear

I usually find double knocking RADIO gear tends to negate any effect from having the system in the first place?

you agreed, but then where did the o/p say it was actually a radio detector or where did i say that? he/she just says a pir he has changed a couple of times in his shed is all i can see?

i don't actually know of any panels all radio or hibrid panels which allow radio zones to be 'double knocked' either, but bet you do though so please name a couple :)

even if you can, setting the pir to be always active (usually a switch or jumper choice) it would act as a wired pir, now that would have been far more informative don't you think in the public forums?

oh dear oh dear was about as good as you nearly got for acuracy - best you keep to advising on keypad faults imo

(if anyone has the time pmsl)

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay
you agreed, but then where did the o/p say it was actually a radio detector eer its in the first post if you look or where did i say that? he/she just says a pir he has changed a couple of times in his shed is all i can see?

i don't actually know of any panels all radio or hibrid panels which allow radio zones to be 'double knocked' either, but bet you do though so please name a couple :)

even if you can, setting the pir to be always active (usually a switch or jumper choice) it would act as a wired pir, now that would have been far more informative don't you think in the public forums?

oh dear oh dear was about as good as you nearly got for acuracy - best you keep to advising on keypad faults imo

(if anyone has the time pmsl)

regs

alan

hmm, second time in the same thread,

yep thats a good idea - lets put a known dodgy PIR in a wooden shed on instant tx, batteries might last till the end of the week if your lucky

ps your 490x will (yes it will - you`ed just have to be an idiot to do it)

Archived