Security Installer Community

Ground Leak

bryanr

Hi,

Thanks for quick responses!

The control panel consists of a (crappy) two digit LED display and a numeric key pad. No markings on the box, which is in a cupboard above the stairs, but the control panel has a "A1 Alarms" sticker on it, with a mobile number that is now disconnected :-/

Alarm - yes, get the feeling its err.. "budget". My problem is that whenever I cut the power to the alarm, the siren goes off. So, unless there's a code that I can whack in to turn the alarm off completely, Im kinda stuck! Unless, I just let the siren squeel until the battery dies? However, after that, (and being an alarm newbie), will that mean the alarm will lose its settings? Without a manual, reprogramming the passcode and zones is gonna be problematic.

Fully intend on replacing the alarm, but funds are tight (fixing all the other broken stuff!), and well, an alarm is better than no alarm :unsure:

Thanks,

Bry

The Gardtec 370 panel are good units, far better than alot of other budget panels that were around at the time. Sort your electrics out but don't worry or rush into changing the alarm it seems it's just a replacement battery needed.

Guys, cant thank you enough! I've read other posts here where people seem to take the "get a sparky" line with a pinch of salt. I'd break from tradition and make the call now!

It was always my plan to get one in once I had exhausted my options. From the sounds of things, the fault with the alarm is unrelated. Out of interest, Im assuming its not normal for an alarm to leak to earth for any reason? 7 volts seems like an oddly "normal" number, and I've isolated it to the lighting circuit, so its coming from that or a bulb (cough... probably) :/

Many thanks,

Bryan

From what I can gather I think the Alarm company is called A1 alarms. If so then PM me and I will give you their contact details as its a friend of mine. The number has changed although I would have thought he would have informed eceryone of his new number.

cheers Kev

Do you know a good sparky in Edinburgh?

If not try going into your nearest electrical factors and asking at the trade counter who the advise.

That's how I found the few good guys I use around Falkirk.

Thanks, might try that - sounds like a good way of getting tradesmen. If anyone knows a good sparky that will be able to diagnose (and hopefully resolve!) my earth problems quickly, then please post or PM me their details. I live close to Edinburgh airport.

Archived