Security Installer Community

Walk Testing Large Jobs And Fault Finding

nintenbo

Galaxy 3

Anyone hear ever had to walk test a large site by your self? i think so. appart from toing and frowing between the keypad and detector or having two people and a phone, anyone worked out a way of doing it as i dont hing honeywell have made a radio RKP yet!! and with the usual tone the speaker gives out you can only tell that a single zone is open so when youv got 40 other contractors on site it doesnt work al all.

any ideas welcome

ron

Galaxy 3

Anyone hear ever had to walk test a large site by your self? i think so. appart from toing and frowing between the keypad and detector or having two people and a phone, anyone worked out a way of doing it as i dont hing honeywell have made a radio RKP yet!! and with the usual tone the speaker gives out you can only tell that a single zone is open so when youv got 40 other contractors on site it doesnt work al all.

any ideas welcome

ron

hi nintenbo,

i'm not a galaxy user, but do you not have a facility where the panel marks the zones that have or have not gone into alarm on walk test? on gardtec when you walktest it indicates the zones numbers which have not yet been triggered during walk test, you can also select if 1 or all 3 area's are to be tested. so if i want to do a section in a busy building i temporary add those zones to area 3, do the test.

if i can't hear the internal speaker i prog the external bells to follow the test signals

hope it helps

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

i know the feeling. with the M800 you have to make a rough list of the zones and then tick them off one by one via the log, as the walk test does not display zones tested at the end. pain in the hole compared to the old TS range.

i know the feeling. with the M800 you have to make a rough list of the zones and then tick them off one by one via the log, as the walk test does not display zones tested at the end. pain in the hole compared to the old TS range.

Don't they scroll all tested zones when u exit walktest now???

Bummer!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

I am sure the do scroll through the zones after you have finnished Know the old TS you had to esc once to end walk test and scroll through but think the M range just scrolls through (problem if other peaple moving around trigg zones as it jumps to that zone ) but will give total no of zones tested in the log.

www.AllanMoncrieffAlarms.com

Radio RKP, wouldn't that be a dream come true! You could sit in the van programming while the apprentice clears up!

cometh WiFi connectivity - cometh the day.

i wonder why has no manufacturer has offered this yet and got rid of the pia that are prog leads and dongles?

i've never understood why manufacturers insist on the need of a dongle, the software is useless on anything else, if piracy is the reason then do as with Gardtec UDL software, you have to phone technical for codes to unlock it after installation- yet they still insist on a dongle :wacko:

not as though you going to whack it on a tex, scanny or a tunstal is it?

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Press #Whilst walk test active and use the a-b keys to scroll tested zones, also to test all zones, in option 2, press * to toggle test on all zones. Makes walk testing easy.

why not just do your walk test then read the log???...you will find ALL your zone tested are in there logged ;)

Thats fine once you know all the zones are in correct sequence but on the first walk test you need to verify correct zones .Also the new M range key pads dint have A+B buttons its ^up and down arrows

www.AllanMoncrieffAlarms.com

Archived