Security Installer Community

M25 Speed Cameras

esp-protocol

> For any of you that travel on the M25......

>

> As from 15th Feb 2008 the speed cameras between junctions 10

> (Wisley/A3) and 15 (Heathrow) WILL be active.

> At present they are set intermittently to activate with any vehicle

> travelling over 93 MPH.

> As from the 15th they will be permanently set to activate at 80 MPH.

>

> I am reliable informed that everyone travelling over this speed WILL get

> a ticket.

>

> This will no doubt rake the Government `loads of cash`.

> For any of you that travel on the M25......

>

> As from 15th Feb 2008 the speed cameras between junctions 10

> (Wisley/A3) and 15 (Heathrow) WILL be active.

> At present they are set intermittently to activate with any vehicle

> travelling over 93 MPH.

> As from the 15th they will be permanently set to activate at 80 MPH.

>

> I am reliable informed that everyone travelling over this speed WILL get

> a ticket.

>

> This will no doubt rake the Government `loads of cash`.

Interesting, how reliable is your source?

A senior policeman (who I trust) told me a while back that the M25 cameras were set at 95mph when no speed limit was indicated on the variable signs (i.e. unlit, but the lit "unrestricted" sign did mean 70).

Interesting, how reliable is your source?

A senior policeman (who I trust) told me a while back that the M25 cameras were set at 95mph when no speed limit was indicated on the variable signs (i.e. unlit, but the lit "unrestricted" sign did mean 70).

They were set at 95mph but as of the 15th Feb they will be set 80mph. On the subject of speeding I got pulled up on Saturday for doing 99mph on the M20 unusal for me as im normally looking in my mirrors every ten seconds they must have been hiding somewhere. Anyway I was working in London today so I thought I had better stick to the speed limits, left my house at about 6.30am and arrived at the site 9.25am a distance from door to door of about 40miles, normally takes me an 1 3/4 hours. Going to leave at 5.30am tomorrow see how long it takes me then. What a difference the congestion zone has made (joke).

Kev

They were set at 95mph but as of the 15th Feb they will be set 80mph. On the subject of speeding I got pulled up on Saturday for doing 99mph on the M20 unusal for me as im normally looking in my mirrors every ten seconds they must have been hiding somewhere. Anyway I was working in London today so I thought I had better stick to the speed limits, left my house at about 6.30am and arrived at the site 9.25am a distance from door to door of about 40miles, normally takes me an 1 3/4 hours. Going to leave at 5.30am tomorrow see how long it takes me then. What a difference the congestion zone has made (joke).

Kev

well kev i wouldnt worry toooo much about being pulled by plod(they now have detectors that can see you coming uptp half a mile away) as if you use M20 london and coast bound jct 4 to 7 you may well not have a licence much longer as the all new son of gatso has been installed behind the new matrix signs on the overhead gantry not live at the mo(i dont think) but it wont be long :cry:

also A.C.P.O (oh yes they medal in this as well!!!!) have said by october 2006 all cameras have to be set to 10% + 2 mph(79 is a nick)

Kev

Our boys regularly leave at 5 -5.30 to be in london for 8 ish (travelling from Maidstone ish)

I jump on my bike, leave at 7 and get to Trafalgar Square for 8.... bliss..!!!

But that is generally at warp speeds............. B)

May have to play with number plate soon tho.....

I have just recieved a NIP from West Mercia police for doing 56MPH in a 50!

I bought all the "gaurenteed to cancel NIP" letters ect . I asked for photographic evidence / calibration certificate of device / statement of officer!

five days later all the info was returned with a "standard template" letter....obviously the law are raising their game too.......

So Ive raised mine..........Ive fitted a laser Jammer to my car - a lidatek LE30 which is the only jammer to confuse all laser cameras....

Paid

the M25 from A20 to Dartford Tunnel has road works both ways, big signs about avaerage speed camera's etc. then you pass on with the biggest ever sign saying "SPEED CAMERA NOT IN USE"

what a brilliant deterrent :rolleyes:

also seen this done on the gatso's, where they fit a big orange hood printed "NOT IN USE", so whats that all about then :fear: ?

really daft thing is not many trust those signs, as example i have lost count how many doh! doH's! i've nearly rear ended when they suddenly slam down from 60 - 20mph on a dual caraigeway, just because the calibration spots are still there from roadworks temp speed camera's - done 3 years previous :realmad:

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

I have just recieved a NIP from West Mercia police for doing 56MPH in a 50!

I bought all the "gaurenteed to cancel NIP" letters ect . I asked for photographic evidence / calibration certificate of device / statement of officer!

five days later all the info was returned with a "standard template" letter....obviously the law are raising their game too.......

So Ive raised mine..........Ive fitted a laser Jammer to my car - a lidatek LE30 which is the only jammer to confuse all laser cameras....

Paid

• 3 weeks later...
I should point out that if the fuzz catch you with a laser jammer, you'll be done for perverting the course of justice :)

QFA - an eng I know ripped it out quickly after a close call - they traced the plate and came looking at the office within 15mins.

Think of the risk before you fit one...

12points will get you a ban, a conviction for perverting the course of justice will probably mean that you won't work again in the industry...

TSS

Communication is "A question asked, and an Opinion given." I offer mine to help you with yours.

Statements I make are my personal views only at the time they are posted, if I offend you sorry, must be taken in context and do not neccesarily represent those of my employer.

Archived