Security Installer Community

Newbie In Need Of Help

blackx

Hi All,

There seems to be a lot of intelligent people here and I'm hoping that someone can help.

I bought all the bits I thought I'd need to sort out an alarm for my new house, but have run into some problems. All but one I have managed to eliminate and this is where I hope you can help.

I have the Veritas Excel panel with the matching RKP, as I only need a maximum of eight zones. 1 & 5 are simple flush mount door contacts, 2,3,4 and 6 are PIR's. The PIR's are Texecom's AMDT plus, anti mask sensors. For the life of me I cannot get them to trigger any kind of action on the control panel.

The Excel does support EOL and I'm wondering if it is just down to having the wrong resistor values in the PIR's. Can anyone tell me what resistance values I should have, the units come with two chips option A is Tamp:1k0 Alarm:1k0 Fault:10k, option B is Tamp:2k2 Alarm:4k7 Fault:2k2. I have tried both but with no joy. The panel manual talks of resistances between 10k and 33k. I have spare resistors, if I can figure out which contacts to connect them to on Texecoms special chip will this work?

Option B would be that I bit the bullet and upgrade the control panel, the question is will the RKP work with any of the premier range or will I have to buy another one?

Thanks

Paul

tell us what the panel is saying when you set the alarm.......

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

tell us what the panel is saying when you set the alarm.......

When I try and do a walk test, the sensors do not trigger the panel although the sensor does trigger (ie the two red LED's come on). The door sensors trigger fine.

The wiring in the PIR is:-

Test

Set

0V

12V

T-EOL

T-EOL

RLED

Spare

I have connected the zone to the two EOL connections and connected the 0v and +12V.

got call out to do, if no one takes up the ropes, i will try and get back later.... sorry.....

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Don't install texecom anymore, but I believe the problem is that your detectors are Grade 3 type with antimask resistors and your panel is a grade two, and unable to see the correct value resistors. Texecom only say the detecors are compatiable with the Premier series panels on their website.

One of the Texecom installers should be able to confirm this.

Those detectors are not compatible with your panel, they are for the Premier series.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

agreed mismatch panel and detectors, go out and buy suitable detectors..........

Thanks for all the advice guys.

My computer is still online in my old house and I am living up in the new house, so while I was off-line yesterday I did a little experimenting. I managed to figure out the pin-outs from Texecom's resistor chip and which pairs related to Tamper, Alarm and Fail. I then replaced these with 10k 22k and 33k resistors respectively. The result is that fingers crossed everything seems to be working as it should.

When I get online at the new house I will post the diagram for anyone else it may help.

Thanks again.

Paul

Archived