Security Installer Community

External Bell Box Document

satsuma01

Guest anguscanplay

i started reading it then the spelling gave me headache LOL

so not doing so makes any such system illigal

did i say " illegal" ? nope thats where the confusion starts

i could run that system off a 240 - 12 volt sealed power pack from maplins, anything connected to the low voltage side will not contravene any regs as long as it is kept out of wet area's.

ah so even your unregulated activity has regs ?

regs

alan

Well, you implied it quite strongly.....

To recap. The O/P asked "has anyone got anything explaining about the regs regarding the siren outside going off for 20 minutes only?"

And there was a debate about PD 6662, which you said applied to DIY as well.

I asked what LAW said that (as the question was in the DIY section) and then you and Arfur started having fun. :rolleyes:

Personally I think Arfur (in one of his lengthy diatribes) actually summarised it reasonably well. There is no law saying DIY alarm installers must follow PD 6662.

Bit of logic here: that doesn't mean that there aren't things in PD 6662 that you must do to be legal. But they are probably (definitely) firstly stated elsewhere.

i started reading it then the spelling gave me headache LOL

ah so even your unregulated activity has regs ?

no, i'd at least use a 'regulated' psu :lol:;)

tbh i'm at a loss to know what your actually on about, if it was not the implied ramifications as you see it of the law?

you stated to the effect everyone has to install to PDxxxxxx including diy, which is patently untrue, and i stand by the fact if as an unregulated installer as long as i don't actually claim a system conforms to those standards i am not in jeopardy, i have to lie or deliberately mislead to be so.

an example. i agree with aclient to install a system i could offer the spec without naming what make of kit, but if i stated scantronic and installed tunstal, just as effective, just as good and about the same cost but was not what was agreed on, that would be misrepresentation

diy installers are not claiming to install to regs, how could they? they have little or no idea they even exist.those that do know often state pro installers made a hash of this or that system.

we all know if the bell rings over 20 solid or intermittent for an hour the noise abatement act steps in and that applies to everyone.

:hmm: as for my spellings, throwing stones and living in glass houses comes to mind :whistle:

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay
Bit of logic here: that doesn't mean that there aren't things in PD 6662 that you must do to be legal. But they are probably (definitely) firstly stated elsewhere.

and that is all that I`ve been saying

Arf remember the fact you dont know about a requirment doesnt negate the need to comply with it - the days of DIY don`t need to comply are long gone

you never do, or no-one ever notices

Just doing my bit to keep out of these childish protracted arguments, especially the bits that get selectively left out in so many replies.

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Guest anguscanplay
Just doing my bit to keep out of these childish protracted arguments, especially the bits that get selectively left out in so many replies.

thats not an argument - just chatting amongst friends

Just like that answer - gone

hi magpye,

please don't take it so seriously matey, Angus and i are both pedantic personalities and at our happy best when knocking (verbal) lumps off each other , nether of us take it personal (i hope :unsure: )

regs

alan

ps Angus :punk::lol:

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived