Security Installer Community

External Bell Box Document

satsuma01

and that is all that I`ve been saying

Arf remember the fact you dont know about a requirment doesnt negate the need to comply with it - the days of DIY don`t need to comply are long gone

hi Angus,

do you not see your above statement intimates possible legal problems if a diy'er don't comply? hence earlier was what i argued against.

lets say 1st i'm all for the highest standards, thats why i started my own firm having become dissatisfied at being forced to work to much lower standards and suffer **** kit forced on us by company accountants working their bonus up for providing 'efficiency'.

i'm throwing the gauntlet down here and now, and asking you to back up what you say, using with sound reason and better fact based on any punitive action a diy'er or sparky fell foul of.

so where has anyone (in the alarm field) ever been in any legal or otherwise trouble over fitting an alarm system which is not to the latest standards as a diy private indevidual, lets throw in even as a company who has not claimed to be in compliance?

you have some 80 year period to quote from, the last 10 will do - and and you have google = ASK search engines to help you, so should not be too hard should it?

meanwhile, consider this as a side thought - we as pro's using highest standards there is no option, we now all fit eol (i hope) and i have done so since the crap6 came out on panels that supported it. if the diy'er attempts this it can cause themselves grief.

we have the understanding and the skills to make good sound terminations into small fidely for some connections, have you seen some of the connections made even on standard wiring by so called big company pro's, let alone the novice? and you want diy to comply and add in resistors with resultant false alarms possibly even fires :fear:

written standards are great to adhere to, but only if applied by those who both know and understand them, otherwise the confusion leads to a far worse scenario imo as it's better to do properly what you understand than foul up what you don't.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

whilst I`m waiting for the kid to google court cases

you dont have to use EOL to comply with PD 6662 you know?

:yes: -:

meanwhile, consider this as a side thought - we as pro's using highest standards there is no option, we now all fit eol (i hope) and i have done so since the crap6 came out on panels that supported it. if the diy'er attempts this it can cause themselves grief.

you could ask the sprogs to googgle magnifying glasses too :whistle:

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived