Security Installer Community

Crap Image

andymac

Hi,

My camera at the front door of my house gives a rubbish image.

It is a cheap IR thing which i used at my old house with no problems.

Now the image is just like a whitewash (see attached)

Any ideas?

(there is a garage door immediately to the right of the image and a car bonnet immediately to the left) could it be the reflection from the ir's?)

Thanks

Andy

post-12520-1199829058_thumb.jpg

from an external light source. ie sun.try putting a makeshift cover over it to try and block some of the light and if that works, you will have to move it away from the light
there are no other light on other than the ir's (which i tried to black out to no avail) and an orange street light opposite.Ta,Andy
there are no other light on other than the ir's (which i tried to black out to no avail) and an orange street light opposite.Ta,Andy
and it's dark as well pic taken tonight at 9pm.Ta,Andy

from an external light source. ie sun.try putting a makeshift cover over it to try and block some of the light and if that works, you will have to move it away from the light
looks to me more than likely the ir is reflecting off the glass case at the front of the camera where the rubber ring around the lens has not met the glass and ir light is filtering in from either side, what type of camera is it. can you unscrew the front part of the camera to pull the rubber/foam lens ring further up towards the glass casing :question:

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

there are no other light on other than the ir's (which i tried to black out to no avail) and an orange street light opposite.Ta,Andyand it's dark as well pic taken tonight at 9pm.Ta,Andy

It's one of those cheap ones, made in china I think,not tried to take apart althoough i cant remember if there are many obvious screws.

I'll have alook tomin thelight, but i think a newone may be the answer, a decent one!! Could you recommend one.

Thanks a lot.

Andy

Archived