Security Installer Community

Crap Image

andymac

Looks like moisture in the camera to me.

:yes: from me too ;)

Actually andymac, if you reckon it was working ok at your old place, maybe take it down, check whether there is any condensation on the window / lens / imager, and if there is remove it, let the camera dry out properly, and then have another go to see if it's better the second time around.

Looks like moisture in the camera to me.

i agree with luggsey, i'd clean the cover carefully inside and out if you can, also do so when its a dry atmosphere. blow out with hair dryer before reassembly to disperse any moisture and don't use a solvent based cleaner on the plastic's

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

:yes: from me too ;)

Actually andymac, if you reckon it was working ok at your old place, maybe take it down, check whether there is any condensation on the window / lens / imager, and if there is remove it, let the camera dry out properly, and then have another go to see if it's better the second time around.

All,

Thanks for your input, I took down today and it was condensation, have wiped off and i'm gonna leave warm place overnight to dry out fully.

Is there any way of stopping this happening in future?

Ta,

andy

Seal all entry holes with silicon, Dont use filler like some of our guys have in the past, as it dries it produces moisture.....Doh!!!!

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

All,

Thanks for your input, I took down today and it was condensation, have wiped off and i'm gonna leave warm place overnight to dry out fully.

Is there any way of stopping this happening in future?

Ta,

andy

It may be a bit of an oldy, but small bags of silica gel (suitably dehydrated) works well at absorbing small amounts of moisture within equipment.

I've actually got a fairly large older conventional housing to dry out next week, and given that it's almost impossible to seal it, and the heater is inadequate for coping with such a large quantity of moisture laden air, I'll be fitting a couple of miniature 12v fans to keep the air moving and prevent condensation from forming on the glass (same principle as a windscreen blower in a car).

Incidentally, if a camera or housing is dried out, I'd normally suggest that it be allowed to return to room temperature before reassembly (and sealing if possible). If you put it back togethor warm, when it's taken outside, as it cools it will draw air in from the surrounding moisture laden atmosphere (pressure differential) and you're probably then back to square one.

Archived