Security Installer Community

Texecom Excel

GrahamUK33

I bought a 2 bed semi a while ago and would like to have an alarm fitted. I dont have loads of money to install something expensive, but I have found a Texecom Excel Kit.

How would you rate the Texecom Exel kit for a cheap alarm system?

Does anyone have one of these installed and if so what do you think of it?

Would a novice be able to install this kit?

Would you stretch your budget to go for the Texecom Premier Fully Featured Burglar Alarm System / Kit? if so what would the benefits be.

Thanks, Graham.

Graham

twitter: ithorizon1

http://www.ithorizon.co.uk

I bought a 2 bed semi a while ago and would like to have an alarm fitted. I dont have loads of money to install something expensive, but I have found a Texecom Excel Kit.

How would you rate the Texecom Exel kit for a cheap alarm system?

Does anyone have one of these installed and if so what do you think of it?

Would a novice be able to install this kit?

Would you stretch your budget to go for the Texecom Premier Fully Featured Burglar Alarm System / Kit? if so what would the benefits be.

Thanks, Graham.

Texecom Excel is an ok system for DIY can't say its bad. Premier is what our company uses and can be complex if you don't know what your doing. I would normally say get a couple of quotes and get a decent system. But It's your money to budget. We use texecom for premier only

texecom 'good kit', to date never had any problems using their kit.......imo.

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

• 3 weeks later...

I used to use excel all the time but found on a few jobs i was having to install a mainspike filter, so ive lost interest a little bit, but other than that its a cracking panel/keypad.

I use premiers but might be a headache for you to programme.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

• 8 months later...
How many zones would I need in a 2 bed house? does every room need a zone or would the whole house come under a zone?

Hi, it depends on the house layout, a zone is just one device-whether it be door contact,PIR or panic button for example, an 8 zone panel should be more than enough for your requirements though IMHO.

Richard.

Archived