Security Installer Community

Optima G3 Panel

steve56

The engineers code has been changed, I think by the installer. Do they have any right in law to withhold this information from me. if they will not tell me the code does this infringe my human rights?

Engineer Codes - Who can have them

With a professionally installed system,

British Standard PD6662 (effective from 1st October 2005) dictates that only engineers can access engineering

Permitting a user to access engineering breaks regulations

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Guest anguscanplay
The engineers code has been changed, I think by the installer. Do they have any right in law to withhold this information from me. if they will not tell me the code does this infringe my human rights?

"human rights........" what rights would you want to be suing for?

as i understand it engineers codes are quite legal and legit and the customer wether they own the system or not has no rights to the engineers code, it is only there for programming the system nothing more,

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

British Standard PD6662 (effective from 1st October 2005) dictates that only engineers can access engineering

Which part of PD6662 says that :whistle:

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

"human rights........" what rights would you want to be suing for?

As the owner, being prevented from adding to or altering the system. p.s I am a qualified electrician/electronics engineer, I could always do a hard reset but dont want too.

your talking rubbish, that's just job protectionism

The European Convention on Human Rights has been adopted by the UK as follows:

- Article 2: Right to Life

- Article 3: Prohibition on Torture

- Article 4: Prohibition on slavery and forced labour

- Article 5: Right to liberty and security

- Article 6: Right to a fair trial

- Article 7: No punishment without law

- Article 8: Right to respect for private and family life

- Article 9: Freedom of thought, conscience and religion

- Article 10: Right to freedom of expression

- Article 11: Freedom of assembly and association

- Article 12: Right to marry and found a family

- Article 14: Prohibition on discrimination

I'm not sure which, if any, relate to this problem?

(And Article 5 is about Arrest and Detention by the way http://www.yourrights.org.uk/your-rights/t...-security.shtml )

Guest anguscanplay
As the owner, being prevented from adding to or altering the system. p.s I am a qualified electrician/electronics engineer, I could always do a hard reset but dont want too.

er - not with mine you couldnt,(locked codes etc etc) fact is you`ve had a system proffesionaly installed, there are actual and implied warrenties and insurance (mine - I dont give a fig about yours) requirments to comply with. If you want to add to the system then thats your right, but you wont get it via my engineer code and you would have to resume full responsibilty for the system

the best I would do (for a small charge - as detailed in our terms and conditions ) is return the panel to " as new" settings.

Its all for your own SECURITY - nothing sinister

Angus

your talking rubbish, that's just job protectionism

Why come here and ask questions if you are not going to accept the answers given?

All parts of life / business have rules and regulations, the alarm trade has them as well and we have to work to them.

I'm gone

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Archived