Security Installer Community

Optima G3 Panel

steve56

However back to the original point, why would someone want me to pay to access a panel I own ie the original installer, when I owe them nothing, do not have a maintenance contract and do not need one as I believe I am a competent person as a retired Electrician/electronics engineer?

No installer worth their salt will give you their engineer code but they should be prepared to default it or change it to one of your choice making a charge and then washing their hands of it.

However back to the original point, why would someone want me to pay to access a panel I own ie the original installer, when I owe them nothing, do not have a maintenance contract and do not need one as I believe I am a competent person as a retired Electrician/electronics engineer?

as you didn't pay for the system how do you know the agreement in place when it was installed, if you are not under a contract why would they come out to change the code for free?

and last but most daft, they could not compromise all their systems by giving you their engineer code.

If you read that and understand it with a level head you can see that what your asking just can't happen. They have no duty of service to you at all i'm affraid.

I inherited the system when I purchased the property.

Aha!

Your "issue" if there is one is with the person who sold it to you, NOT the installer or anyone here.

So, if you want to "get on a high horse" try your solicitor for a start, or the vendor, for not accurately describing what you (think you) purchased.

Guest anguscanplay

try to end this one for you steve - the programming in the panel belongs to me, I`ve guarenteed my proggraming to work irespective of who is operating the system, the original purchaser paid me to use it - not to own it (bit like the software your using to view this with) Now for a small fee and a couple of signatures I would reset the panel back to "box fresh" and let you do what you want with it or you could ask AN OTHER SYSTEMS to come and try a reboot or you could buy yourself a shiny new panel and take control that way.(unlike the software your using to view this with) However if something happened in the future we would know instantly that it wasnt our software that was at fault and so our legal responsibility would have ceased

you dont own what you think you own

try to end this one for you steve - the programming in the panel belongs to me, I`ve guarenteed my proggraming to work irespective of who is operating the system, the original purchaser paid me to use it - not to own it (bit like the software your using to view this with) Now for a small fee and a couple of signatures I would reset the panel back to "box fresh" and let you do what you want with it or you could ask AN OTHER SYSTEMS to come and try a reboot or you could buy yourself a shiny new panel and take control that way.(unlike the software your using to view this with) However if something happened in the future we would know instantly that it wasnt our software that was at fault and so our legal responsibility would have ceased

you dont own what you think you own

Thank you for your frankness in this matter, since I have your address and phone number, If we can put all this behind us I may well contact you after Christmas if that's OK? I would be fully prepared to sign and take on the responsibility for the system in the future. By the way what do you call a small fee as Im only on a pension? If you do not wish to advertise your fee's on this post you can send it to my inbox or my e-mail address

Yours Steve56

Thank you for your frankness in this matter, since I have your address and phone number, If we can put all this behind us I may well contact you after Christmas if that's OK? I would be fully prepared to sign and take on the responsibility for the system in the future. By the way what do you call a small fee as Im only on a pension? If you do not wish to advertise your fee's on this post you can send it to my inbox or my e-mail address

Yours Steve56

lol, now that would be a long trip for a call out :P. Give Trev a ring it would be cheaper lol.

Archived