Security Installer Community

Honeywell Domonial Wireless

Dabsbhatti

Hi. Ive got a Honeywell Domonial Kit (control unit/ Remote Kepad + sensors) that I want to install. Unfortunately, I don't think this is designed as a DIY kit. Anyway, has anybody out there got an engineers installation manual that makes sense. I've got some basic instructions but they are not clear.

Whan I power up the control unit without the front cover on, I get Led1 (fast flashing) and Led2-5 (slow Flashing). If I put the front cover on Led1 is off and Led2-5 fast flashing. I can contact the control panel to get information serial number etc from the keypad but then the keypad doesn't respond to any commands (not that I know what i should be inputting) anyway). Also the text on the keypad display flickers dimmer and brighter (I don't know if this a fault or just because I've got a radio link active to thecontrol unit).

Any help would be appreciated.

Fair enough but put another panel in while you are waiting for the advice because it will be a long time coming from here, from wireless installers or from the manufacturers - not being funny, being frank.

I just want to determine if this panel is faulty or not. Not going to break any MI5 rules is it? Just want to know how to clear this power up condition.

Just want to know how to clear this power up condition.

Hello there.

You have posted a question in the DIY section. If you do a search I think you'll find, as you've surmised, that this is definitely NOT a DIY panel.

If you don't even have a manual you'll really struggle and the professionals (who are probably the only people who can help you) will mostly only give very limited advice.

By now you've no doubt read the site rules and be aware that manuals and defaulting details cannot be given out so you'll need to find another resource to make any major progress.

As for knowing if the unit is faulty, you could try asking some specific questions in another section and see if anyone with the relevant professional knowledge can help.

Good luck.

In order to program this panel you need to have a handheld programmer, without the programmer the panel is pretty useless.

LEDS

1-mains power

2-arm/disarm

3-perimeter fault

4-alarm memory

5-Technical alarm

According to the manual the state of the leds with the lid off indicates that 1-cover tamper open and transmission in course, 2-annex or partial zone armed, 3-one or more perimeter detectors are open, 4-alarm memory in annex or partial zone, 5-one or more technical or system alarm in memory.

Now that doesn't mean much to me let alone a DIYer, I strongly advise you get in an engineer who is familiar with these panels or give up and get something else.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Archived