Security Installer Community

Honeywell Domonial Wireless

Dabsbhatti

Thanks for the input, that more info than I had before. At least its a start.

I have got a LCD keypad with the Control Unit + I also got the engineer and master codes, I just don't know how to reset it. I should be able to do it using the keypad + master code but I can't get to any menus on the keypad.

Hi Dabsbhatti,

This panel is far from a DIY panel (It's far from an Engineers panel).

The only way to program this panel is by using a PDA with programing software, A laptop with programing software or :fear: the TCU key pad that only someone with the mind set of Carrol Vorderman can use 'eg: 554663882992761553888489277 enter', this is the long shaped one that is detachable.

If that is the key pad you have your chances of programming the panel have just increased to 0.6%.

All joking aside if your not an installer your really going to struggle getting this to work, sorry to be so negative. If you don't mind... Where did you get it from?

cheers Whitenoise,

PS. we've installed around 500+ so it's not like I've used them once and just decided their too difficult.

Never Teach Your Apprentice Everything You Know

Hi Dabsbhatti,

This panel is far from a DIY panel (It's far from an Engineers panel).

The only way to program this panel is by using a PDA with programing software, A laptop with programing software or :fear: the TCU key pad that only someone with the mind set of Carrol Vorderman can use 'eg: 554663882992761553888489277 enter', this is the long shaped one that is detachable.

If that is the key pad you have your chances of programming the panel have just increased to 0.6%.

All joking aside if your not an installer your really going to struggle getting this to work, sorry to be so negative. If you don't mind... Where did you get it from?

cheers Whitenoise,

PS. we've installed around 500+ so it's not like I've used them once and just decided their too difficult.

Thanks for the info.

I bought it second hand from somebody who bought it directly from Honeywell. It was brand new unused. Based on what you said would it be worth me buying the DOMPC software + cable to try and program this. IF so do you know where I can get one, can't find one anywhere.

If this is not an option how about a galaxy g2-12 with RF portal, would this be easier to setup? I can get my hands on one and could use my existing Domonial PIR's and door contacts with this ( I've got 4 wireless PIR and 2 wireless Door). The other alternative I guess would be Scantronic Homelink 75 (not many opinions on this) or visonic, they are more DIY (but just to point out I am a qualified Electronics Engineer so not a complete novice)!

Any thoughts please?

Thanks for the info.

I bought it second hand from somebody who bought it directly from Honeywell. It was brand new unused. Based on what you said would it be worth me buying the DOMPC software + cable to try and program this. IF so do you know where I can get one, can't find one anywhere.

If this is not an option how about a galaxy g2-12 with RF portal, would this be easier to setup? I can get my hands on one and could use my existing Domonial PIR's and door contacts with this ( I've got 4 wireless PIR and 2 wireless Door). The other alternative I guess would be Scantronic Homelink 75 (not many opinions on this) or visonic, they are more DIY (but just to point out I am a qualified Electronics Engineer so not a complete novice)!

Any thoughts please?

Is a g2-12 going to be easier to setup?

QUOTE(Dabsbhatti @ Nov 30 2007, 02:18 PM)

Thanks for the info.

Any thoughts please?

This is the thing only trade can buy NEW and get technical documentation and support (unless you can get second hand but like you said...)

Same thing goes with all Honeywell equipment apart from their newer more basic domestic stuff. If you do a search on the forum for 'EURO-SEC CPX' you'll soon find that this panel is ideal for DIY'ers it can take wireless expanders, it's reasonably priced, readily available, has some really good features for it class and you'll get all the technical documents and support you could hope for.

Have a look at RISCOs website.

Never Teach Your Apprentice Everything You Know

• 2 weeks later...

Its all relative to your expierence, yes you might find the G2 easier to set up because its menu driven rather than code driven for the domonial but you still have to know what you are doing or even looking for if you are fumbling through the menus or sub-menus looking for a setting, i personaly find the domonial easier to program and setup than the G2 but thats just me as eveybody is different, the Honeywell domonial/galaxy equipment is NOT DIY kit as you have found out, so take the advise of the people on this thread as they are only trying to help

• 4 weeks later...

We have the wireless domonial system installed and is monitored.

Half the engineers hadn't a clue about the system but when we did find someone who knew the system it still took some tweeking to get it to work correctly.

Batteries were an issue at first although the new batteries that we have now are supposed to last 5 years.

Set that all aside and we are happy with the system and besides last year Honeywell won The Intruder Manufacturer of the year award.

last year Honeywell won The Intruder Manufacturer of the year award.

I don't think thats for the domo ;)

all joking aside you really need to take your conventional engineer hat off - it doesn't look, feel, program or behave like a normal domestic intruder alarm panel.

We fitted loads of the slightly older type and went to france to learn from an engineer who has been fitting the secom.fr version for years. It used to be very very awkward, but its alot more user friendly now.

That said, it wouldn't be my first choice of panel. We used them only when we couldn't fit hardwired.

Nowadays we fit the galaxy with an rf gateway

TSS

Communication is "A question asked, and an Opinion given." I offer mine to help you with yours.

Statements I make are my personal views only at the time they are posted, if I offend you sorry, must be taken in context and do not neccesarily represent those of my employer.

I don't think thats for the domo ;)

all joking aside you really need to take your conventional engineer hat off - it doesn't look, feel, program or behave like a normal domestic intruder alarm panel.

We fitted loads of the slightly older type and went to france to learn from an engineer who has been fitting the secom.fr version for years. It used to be very very awkward, but its alot more user friendly now.

That said, it wouldn't be my first choice of panel. We used them only when we couldn't fit hardwired.

Nowadays we fit the galaxy with an rf gateway

Thanks for the very useful info.

• 1 year later...

Archived