Security Installer Community

Lcd V Plasma Display Tv's

arfur mo

hi guys,

i've been looking around the 42" flat screen Tv's again, searching about plasma's are near the same price as LCD now.

what i've seen of plasma's in homes they tend to be a bit noisy, this just might be earlier models but when you walk about the showrooms it's hard to tell if the set you looking at is imitating an underground train with a stomach upset.

the other doubt i have is. i was watching a 'take out's' program, this young guy being a mr bouncy i love me type decided to kiss his own image which was on the large screen along side of him - subsequently burning his lips quite badly on it :rolleyes: , hilarious i know but i have grandchildren so i'm concerned for their safety. yes it will be wall mounted and out of their normal reach, but they have my genes and kids always climb.

there is also the heat factor, in the summer as who needs the equivalent of a 12k wall heater in a heat wave?

getting past all that whats the better screen display, LCD or Plasma? we also have the 720i and p also the 1080i & p standards, so is it worth wedging out for the 'p' option? sky want

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Not sure about lcd or plasma but with resolution a lot of people are saying that 720p is better than 1080i (1080p is the best)

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Not sure about lcd or plasma but with resolution a lot of people are saying that 720p is better than 1080i (1080p is the best)

thanks Bref,

i did not make that link, i read some of the xbox forum boys say that it works better on the 720 res than the 1080 but how that figures with the i or p i don't know.

got to be said they have not made i very clear what you buying when looking at the adds, you have to check the specs very carefully

one i looked at

http://www.electrical-deals.co.uk/ServiceC.../42PFP5532D.htm

states it's 1024x768p just to add to the confusion :rolleyes:

regs

alan

We've installed quite a few panasonic PH series plasmas, these are classed as panasonic's business range screens so dont come with speakers or a tuner. We have one of these at home and use Virgin media box to feed the signal via HDMI. The picture looks fantastic. I prefer the design of the business range plasmas to the regular consumer ones. (we've got a PX70 series in the bedroom too)

As for 720 v 1080 personally I cant see that much of a difference. I do prefer plasma to LCD though, the in-laws have a 40" LCD which looks quite "blocky" on some programs.

I've recommended this company a few times:

http://www.av-sales.co.uk/Plasma-TVs-16/

We've installed quite a few panasonic PH series plasmas, these are classed as panasonic's business range screens so dont come with speakers or a tuner. We have one of these at home and use Virgin media box to feed the signal via HDMI. The picture looks fantastic. I prefer the design of the business range plasmas to the regular consumer ones. (we've got a PX70 series in the bedroom too)

As for 720 v 1080 personally I cant see that much of a difference. I do prefer plasma to LCD though, the in-laws have a 40" LCD which looks quite "blocky" on some programs.

I've recommended this company a few times:

http://www.av-sales.co.uk/Plasma-TVs-16/

have noticed in the showrooms that say your watching scenes like a boat crossing a bay, the back ground moves in sort of staged 'jumps', but i suspect thats due to a downgraded signal and some HDi fudging

eversham do this unit

http://www.evesham.com/products/info.asp?e...34-11253A92B2C8

for the price and with their name on it seems a good deal

regs

alan

I'd stick with Panasonic, Samsung and Pioneer. Weve used cheaper end plasma's before and the clients have been dissapointed.

Were currently doing a full office / boardroom install. (CAT6/fibre,CCTV,Lighting,Plasmas,Projectors etc) I'll post some pics when its finished. Were using 2 x Panasonic TH50PH10 screens, and feeding the image via the CAT6 network, installed one today and my god there heavy!

have noticed in the showrooms that say your watching scenes like a boat crossing a bay, the back ground moves in sort of staged 'jumps', but i suspect thats due to a downgraded signal and some HDi fudging

eversham do this unit

http://www.evesham.com/products/info.asp?e...34-11253A92B2C8

for the price and with their name on it seems a good deal

regs

alan

You happy to deal with them Arfur???

They recently went tits up owing serious money.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

Archived