Security Installer Community

Lcd V Plasma Display Tv's

arfur mo

hi guys,

i wanted to say a big thanks for all the invaluable input received and to update,

after absorbing the comments i spent ages looking at specifications and tracking down deals. did so much deal finding i eventually ended up ordering 5 sets - no, not all at once :rolleyes: , kept decided on a deal then days later suddenly "very sorry we are out of stock of that model" :ranting: .

between times i went into several showrooms, not the best inviorment but no other option for comparing, is it me or are the Sony offerings overly disapointing, even on the expensive sets?

imo Panasonic were far better than Sony, and tbh i thought Samsung did extremely well, but bith the ruling half and me not so keen on the highly polished case, also bad past experience's in the paste which means i won't by that make again.

while i accepted the picture problems might be down to poor set-up's for normal terrestrial viewing, all the sets i looked at would be set up much the same way. I noticed on Sony, especially, on moving images it seemed to have a noticeable sort of haze left behind the moving objects, bit like when you look int a bright light source your eyes retain it for a while. i queried this with several sales reps, i might as well have taken up piano lessons for the tone deaf. the problem seemed to me to be down to the time pixels took to change from full dark to lighter shades.

after all the faffing about, now short on patience i have ended up based on perceived value with the Eversham's 42" LCD, Full 1080p Offering. @

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived